Need to play or recode dish .tsp files - very weird problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Getut

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
First off, I run linux.... Ubuntu Jaunty 64bit.

The files aren't encrypted. Its just that no single program seems to be able to play the whole thing (explained below). Some handle the video only, some handle the audio only, some bomb completely. Here are the results of my testing.

Background: After 5 years, I just switched from a Dish Network DVR 522 to a VIP DVR 722k and pulled a bunch of Dish Network .tsp files off the old drive before it went back. I can't seem to do anything with them. I want to be able to either watch them directly on my Ubuntu media center PC or at least recode them to something watchable. I did this once before way back when I had a failing 522 and I backed it up this same way and didn't have the troubles viewing tsp files.

* VLC media player, both the default version shipped with Jaunty, as well as the 1.0 version from PPA's doesn't work at all.

* AVIDEMUX can display the video stream, but it either doesn't find the audio stream or it just chirps and makes digital noise.

* Xine based players like gxine or Kaffeine can find the audio stream but don't play any video.

* MPlayer is like VLC. It doesn't do much of anything.

Please help me get to the bottom of this.

Smith, P. Deal with this.

Did I do something wrong as in I'm about to get my thread crushed by a moderator or are you asking someone to help me? heheh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)