Need to put a splitter in my wiring panel...which one??

harshness, maybe it is just semantics here but backfeeding does not require diplexers.
there will be a node switch in the panel if a hopper is installed. and if you get an inhouse employee don't expect him/her to even admit that wireless works. just buy an extra wifi adapter from him and do it yourself after.
that said, hopper is great. fantastic picture. enjoy it!

Yeah. Wireless functionality can be iffy. Rolled out on a wireless Joey which pixellates quit a bit. But they use their internet a lot. I think that was the problem. Ill tell you the Hopper was also connected to the routed by wifi also, so I imagine that was a factor too.

actually, i might suspect a bad joey on that issue. the hopper and joey must both be connected on the same network obviously and internet usage shouldnt be too much of a factor. everything is determined by the network (internet speed/service has nothing to do with it, only the quality of the router).

Your right I actually meant wifi usage not internet usage. Too many devices on the network slowing down packet data to the Joey causing pixellation.

2 slinglinks solved the problem.

One at the router, 1 at the Joey.

harshness, maybe it is just semantics here but backfeeding does not require diplexers.
there will be a node switch in the panel if a hopper is installed.
We're talking two entirely different systems. A Hopper doesn't backfeed in the classic sense of providing an NTSC TV channel that a conventional television tuner can make use of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts