Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
The good news is that I finally returned my terribly out-of-place dish recently.

The bad news is that my Openbox wants to remember where the old 1.2 places are.

Worse -- for some reason, the USALS will go to the right place...If I tell it to go to 99, it flawlessly picks up everything on 93...if I say 97, it gets 91, and so on. This is after having everything set to my True South (93) and not having any issues on other boxes.

No flashing of firmware or erasing settings has done anything to put this back in the right place. I'm open to suggestions :)

I use 1.2 for one satellite only, and prior to finding that one, never used it at all, so I may be mistaken, but, I thought that the 1.2 positions were stored in the motor.

Also, I did have a problem one time, while searching for that one satellite, whereby I managed to hose my USALS aiming by modifying the 1.2 positions. I think I stupidly modified the "0" position instead of picking another number. Anyway, the cure was to switch back to USALS, go into the aiming screen, and select the "go to reference" option. This never did exit the "please wait for moving" screen (typical Openbox stupidity), but after the dish quit moving, I hit the exit key, cycled power on the receiver, and it worked properly again.

.....Anyway, the cure was to switch back to USALS, go into the aiming screen, and select the "go to reference" option. This never did exit the "please wait for moving" screen (typical Openbox stupidity), .....after the dish quit moving.....
That is one of the dumbest things to come up with yet for the Openbox.

RT.

...I think I stupidly modified the "0" position instead of picking another number. Anyway, the cure was to switch back to USALS, go into the aiming screen, and select the "go to reference" option. This never did exit the "please wait for moving" screen (typical Openbox stupidity), but after the dish quit moving, I hit the exit key, cycled power on the receiver, and it worked properly again.
Is that what I did? Since setting all my positions via 1.2, my USALS, which used to work quite well, doesn't work at all now. I think USALS is mainly useful for initially finding a sat the first time. Once found, it seems better to use 1.2 to zero in precisely at any given time when viewing a station. So I haven't worried about USALS not working anymore. I'll play around with it as you suggest.

chaskuchar said:
the motor stores those usals positions. reset your motor before resetting the box? charlie

An USALS position for the satellite is calculated each time a satellite is selected and is not stored in either the receiver or the motor.

Resetting the motor position to zero changes the center position reference that is saved in the motor. This is the position that all motor positions are referenced.

In all motor models (except the STAB brands), you must perform a reset at the motor to reset both the stored zero position and the stored DiSEqC 1.2 satellite positions.

To correct the calculation errors, the op needs to perform a motor reset at the motor as well as performing a master default reset on the receiver.

All --

Thanks, I actually was able to fix the USALS issue. I reset the box, plugged another box into it, and switched box. I can't recommend this for everyone else, but somehow it worked for me!

As for the 1.2, I may have to just set them to zero, retune, and try again. So far no amount of firmware flashing will fix this.

i just got an openbox s10. i have had pansat 9200's since they came out. pansats are far from perfect, run hot imo, need rebooting quite a bit.

this openbox works ok. i would give it a 5 out of 10. i like the small size. i don't care for the signal meters. the blind scan works well except the visual feedback is vague as it looks like it is stuck then takes off suddenly.

editing channels and tp's is not convienient using the remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts