Neighbor installing 3 Satellites?!?..

It may sound better to the inexperienced ear, but to anyone who has been around sat for any length of time, it's grating to the nerves. They're dishes for crying out loud. Satellites are in space. It's so simple to understand, and getting it straight shows a higher level of understanding.

I wish my neighbor were doing something illegal so I could call the cops on him .
BTW Simon, you also spelled multisyllabic wrong . :)

AJF said:
I wish my neighbor were doing something illegal so I could call the cops on him .
BTW Simon, you also spelled multisyllabic wrong . :)
Thas jus my ill-it-er-ah-c show-ing. afta al I cin't hardlee spehl sat-il-ite

Well, I am a newbie. I just got satellite TV a few weeks ago.

Anyways, your point has been noted. I will be more careful with how technicaly accurate the words are that I type :p

SimpleSimon said:
The commonly accepted term used by technicians is "dish". It avoids confusion because we often also talk about the satellites themselves - sometimes using the term "bird" so as to remove "satellite" entirely.

Calling the dish a "satellite" is like tattooing 'newbie' across your forehead. ;)

Besides us dum@$$es have trouble with those mul-ti-syl-a-bal-lic words. :D

How so?

I see my neighbor using 3 satellite dishes so that he can have a 3-room TV system(or so he says), and with my limited experience with satellite TV I know that I have a 4-room TV system with just one dish... so I question whether or not he needs 3 dishes... so I post here to see if you experts can tell me whether you think there is logic to his 3 dish setup or if he just doesnt know what he is doing...

SimpleSimon said:
He he - as for the hijack, this thread kinda deserved it.

tdogg72 said:
How so?

I see my neighbor using 3 satellite dishes so that he can have a 3-room TV system(or so he says), and with my limited experience with satellite TV I know that I have a 4-room TV system with just one dish... so I question whether or not he needs 3 dishes... so I post here to see if you experts can tell me whether you think there is logic to his 3 dish setup or if he just doesnt know what he is doing...

My question is, why do you care so much?
I don't understand why this seems to be affecting you to the point of taking pictures of your neighbours property and posting them on the internet.

Damn, you all are ruthless to your neighbors! Just leave the poor guy alone in his dealings. Claude, are you the kind of guy that calls the police because the "wrong type" of person is walking down your sidewalk? Being a young person, I have a pet peeve of older people thinking I'm up to no good just because of my looks or my age. What happened to innocent until proven otherwise? Just because this dude has a certain switch on his house doesn't mean hes bootlegging satellite. JEEEZ.

When the 105 satellite deal was launched, I went out and bought a big dish and a LNB for it. It was a fun project to learn how other types of LNBs work, polarities and stuff. I didn't get any of the programming on 105, except the "you have a 105" channel. It was just fun to do. I ended up adding other LNBs to try and make a ghetto superdish. My neighbor at the time (in a townhouse row) asked why I needed all the dishes, etc. I just told him I was experimenting. I bet Claude woulda called dishnet since its against the law to put a dish on your house and point it at a satellite. :mad:

Just another example of how our attitude in this country has been "feared" into thinking a certain way. Oh look, johnnie isn't acting like the "norm".. he must be up to no good, and a TERRORIST!!! FEAR HIM. (end sarcasm)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I would like it to be legit, but what a person does in their own house is none of my business. This witch hunts are crazy.

Amen to that.
tdogg72, you need to find yourself something more constructive to do with your curiosity.
I suggest you apply for a position on an HOA committee.

Disclaimer:
I'm not saying that all HOA committee members have nothing better to do than poke around their neighbours back yard measuring the distance between their fenceposts to see if it's within acceptable limits, it was merely an observation..

Cascade said:
I suggest you apply for a position on an HOA committee.

Why
So people like that piss people like me off telling me I cant have 2 30" dishes, a 24", and 2 20" dioshes so I can receive Dish Network, Bell ExpressVu, and FTA :)

You people are unbelievable.

I NEVER not once intended to find out if my neighbor was doing something illegal. I could care less if he is or not. I wanted to HELP him out. I just recently helped install my dish setup and so I wanted to use my knew knowledge on how satellite dishes work to help him...

Someone assumed I was trying to get him in trouble. Not once did I even think that he was doing something illegal.

I was simply walking around in my back yard a few days ago, I saw him setting up a 3rd dish. I walked over to ask him why he needed 3 dishes... he said so he could have a 3-room setup... and he went inside.. i waited for him to come back out, because I didnt get a chance to tell him that I didnt think he needed 3 dishes.... after about 5-10 minutes of waiting. I get the idea... why dont I just take a quick few pictures and post them here to see if the experts can tell me why you would need 3 dishes.... so I do just that. I went and grabbed my digital camera, came back out, snaped a few shots, went to my computer and downloaded them to the computer, then uploaded them to the net and made this post/thread. It took a whole 30 minutes out of my saturday.

What are my Options on getting a 522

AMC-16 Launch Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)