neighbor offered the blessing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
well my girlfriend was told by my neighbor to expect ten or more dishes in the side yard in the next couple years:) i have to check with the town ordinance but this might have opened the floodgates to c band:)

neighbor watched when i tried setting up my four footer and i gave up. so they already know i have a bigger dish in the garage once i master learning fta from the 90cm one. they also watched direct come here and tell me they cant do a setup because of the trees so im stuck with cable outside of fta. i am currently debating messing with the four footer before i get the six footer from sadoun. the rest will be added over time:)

Congratulations, and good luck. I think you should consider an 8 footer , instead of the 6 footer, and give yourself a chance of picking up more of the DVB-S2 feeds on C-band. The 6 footer is really "entry level" C-band, compared to my pre-entry-level 4 foot mini-BUD . I wish that I had at least an 8 footer out there.
:)

brentb636 thanks for the information. i will be checking my towns codes to see if i can go 8 foot (was going to check for 6 foot). was the 4 footer worth while for minibud? or did it just get a couple more channels than a 1.2m?

eurosport84 your right it was a brain fart:) but i didnt realize it until latter in the evening. i really meant would the four footer gain much more than mini c on my 90cm wsi dish.

thanks for the encouragement:) okay so now that i have confidence with messing with a four footer. two questions. will the dmx 741 do just fine for c experiments or will i do better with another specific c band lnb? second is what location being i have no idea or way to motorize should i look towards for the most fta hd or atsc? my los runs from 123-30w. ive looked at the list but i know some signals will never be reached with a four footer.

Galaxy 17 at 91w has some strong signals that should be receivable on a 4ft. The dmx 741 should do fine. Brentb636 gets lots of stuff with his 4ft mini-bud. I've never tried a mini, as I have 2 full-size buds here. Good luck with it! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)