Neighbor's motion sensitive light changing channels on my VIP 222?

Erosman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Our DISH 222 recently started changing channels at random times. All of these times seem to happen after dark. Our association also recently started providing motion sensitive security lights to some members; including one home where the light is about twenty yards of open space from the room our 222 is in.

If it was a neighbor's remote changing the channels, I think I would have heard from them due to my (repeatedly over the past few weeks) changing the channel back to the one we were watching. I'm thinking the motion sensitive security lights are more likely the cause of the channel changes.

Last night I noticed that a rabbit set off the light when it passed by about 15+ feet away from the neighbor's light. (I wasn't near the 222 at the time so I don't know if that changed the channel.) I have heard that the sensitivity of motion sensor lights is adjustable. But, I really don't know many details about them.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

Our DISH 222 recently started changing channels at random times. All of these times seem to happen after dark. Our association also recently started providing motion sensitive security lights to some members; including one home where the light is about twenty yards of open space from the room our 222 is in.

If it was a neighbor's remote changing the channels, I think I would have heard from them due to my (repeatedly over the past few weeks) changing the channel back to the one we were watching. I'm thinking the motion sensitive security lights are more likely the cause of the channel changes.

Last night I noticed that a rabbit set off the light when it passed by about 15+ feet away from the neighbor's light. (I wasn't near the 222 at the time so I don't know if that changed the channel.) I have heard that the sensitivity of motion sensor lights is adjustable. But, I really don't know many details about them.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!
Not necessarily, my neighbor was using his ir remote changing my channels, but i was using my non -ir remote and it wasnt changing his channels.
Do like the other poster said and change your remote code. Worked for me.

Not necessarily, my neighbor was using his ir remote changing my channels, but i was using my non -ir remote and it wasnt changing his channels.
Do like the other poster said and change your remote code. Worked for me.

I would think it would be the otherway around! The uhf remote would change his channels,but his ir remote would change yours.Are you sure about the remotes? IR has to have line of sight.UHF doesn't.

I would think it would be the otherway around! The uhf remote would change his channels,but his ir remote would change yours.Are you sure about the remotes? IR has to have line of sight.UHF doesn't.
I had it originally as uhf, and i changed it to ir:D
Wasnt sure which one was which, but i think if the op changes his remote code, it will fix his problem. I dont think it is the light.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts