NESN HD Feed cutting to commercials during Red Sox game

duggan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
MA
Has anyone else noticed that the NESN HD Feed has been cutting to Dish Network inserted commercials at the wrong time during Red Sox games over the last few Baltimore games? We missed a Jed Lowrie homerun and I think a Carl Crawford hit this other night. I happened to go to the SD feed and caught the end of the homerun so the SD feed appeared unaffected.

This is getting annoying.

Yes i noticed it to, as you said the SD was not effected.
But Then again the HD feed is not that great , have you tried look at a espn game with Red Sox if it goes over 10PM The picture quality is a lot better

Yes, I too noticed it. Appears the announcers were unaware as they made no recap or acknowledgement.

VERY ANNOYING. Four repetitions of a Dish Cinema movie in which I had no interest right as the home team rallied for several runs.

Same here issues with commercials during Sox Game. Luckily no issues for the Bruins games because there are not that many breaks to begin with.

On a side note here is another question. Ehy aren't NESN HD and CSNE HD on all the time? Why is it only certain games are broadcast in HD? Dish has the channel free why not broadcast these channel in HD all the time. NESN and CSNE are extremely popular and they have a lot of HD content . Sucks we only get games in HD.

On a side not here is another question, why aren't NESN HD and CSNE HD on all the time? Why is it only certain games are broadcast in HD? Dish has the channel free why not broadcase these channel in HD all the time. NESN and CSNE have a lot of HD content . Sucks we only get games in HD.

This is actually a known issue that we are working to fix. DISH Network is unable to broadcast the RSN's in HD full time due to bandwidth restrictions.

I've noticed something similar on FSC where they'll play a commercial for 10 seconds then flash cut to another commercial. I actually don't mind it as they usually cut away commercials that I find annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts