Nesn Hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gkw

Original poster
May 2, 2006
Hi, I am new to the forum and a long time Dish subscriber.

I am upgrading to an HD set and I was shocked yesterday to hear that Dish does not carry NESN in HD.

Is NESN HD a seperate channel? If so, how many subscribers must they be losing from Red Sox fans?

GW

NESN HD is operated by COMCAST and is not made available to the satellite companies, and this is not available on cable. It is however available on select cable systems.

Wrong Scott, NESN is not operated by comcast and is available to satellite.

NESN HD is a seperate channel from the regular NESN and is operated by COMCAST who is footing the bills for the HD Telecast.

On CableTV there is no NESN HD chanel, instead NESN HD preempts IN HD or INHD2.

Select games MAY be made available to Dish Network later on in the season. Which is good news.

All the cable companies that are carrying NESN-HD help pay for the HD.

And yes NESN HD is available as a 24/7 channel now, go to the website and it will list which cable systems are carrying the channel 24/7

Heck, Give it to us a la carte'! I'll pay a couple bucks a month for it to see all the redsox games in HD! That would be great down here in Louisiana!

NESN HD also wants the same policy has HDnet, no down converting according to a buddy who works there.

Comcast won't even give NESN HD a full time channel even though they have at least 10hr a day in HD on game days. Comcast didn't even help buying equipment. EMC is the one who started to help in 2004, and even help convert all tapes to digital storage.

Look at FSN New England, Rainbow Media spent a bunch of money to do almost every Celtics home game in HD, and Comcast only carried 60% of them even if the Bruins or Sox preseason didn’t have a game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts