Net Neutrality Explained

Don't worry. They'll be giving us the same protections, just without the regulations. They'll trust for the large mega-corps to police themselves. It'll be great! The best Internet ever!

Who's for $15 a month Netflix?

To save some time, please let me just post the following posts to get the argument done.

SUB THE ARGUMENT
right wing: But mega-corps need money to expand their services. Net Neutrality has stiffled the Internet. No one can afford to use it now and there is no longer any content now because the Government has to approve all content.
left wing: What?
right wing: Netflix killed the IP provider. Comcast and Verizon just wanted what was fair.
left wing: But if they couldn't handle the streaming of Netflix, doesn't that mean Comcast and Verizon oversold their services? Shouldn't they be capable of providing what they sold?
right wing: They don't guarantee their speed, check your contract.
left wing: Are you seriously going there?
GOTO THE ARGUMENT

edited... forgot where this was, removed the more political stuff.

Last edited:
I used the John Oliver GoFCCYourself.com URL to get fasttracked to the comments and entered mine before the FCC shut it down.

Unfortunately the full story doesn't come out until tomorrow. All we know now is that the commissioner is going to try to reverse earlier legislation. The question is whether or not he is allowed to do that without new legislation directing the FCC to do so.

Even before this was announced, it was speculated that Comcast's broadband ARPU was headed for $90/month.

I hope Pai chokes on a pai because he is a scum.
Also slimy Ted joined him. Two snakes that haven't been drained yet.

He might not know how the USA works. This is NOT going to promote any sort of competition, as people just don't have the choice of multiple high-speed ISP's in their area, and never will. Maybe they do in India... I hear that the USA has the highest cost slowest speed internet services in the world. DSL will even be going the way of the dinosaurs due to copper lines being removed/abandoned everywhere. Maybe those new satellite services, or 5g or something will cause a revolution.

As usual, for now we all get screwed in the USA paying the highest costs.

He might not know how the USA works. This is NOT going to promote any sort of competition, as people just don't have the choice of multiple high-speed ISP's in their area, and never will. Maybe they do in India... I hear that the USA has the highest cost slowest speed internet services in the world. DSL will even be going the way of the dinosaurs due to copper lines being removed/abandoned everywhere. Maybe those new satellite services, or 5g or something will cause a revolution.

As usual, for now we all get screwed in the USA paying the highest costs.
Pai was born in Buffalo, NY and grew up in Kansas. He's had over 50 years to know how the USA works because he's spent his entire life in it. That said, may he rot in hell.....

He might not know how the USA works. This is NOT going to promote any sort of competition, as people just don't have the choice of multiple high-speed ISP's in their area, and never will.
This has never been about promoting competition. It is about making broadband more profitable so that the ISPs might consider investing in more infrastructure. The likely failing with that theory is that the carriers are perhaps more likely to bank their newfound revenues to offset recent declines and wait for new gubmint programs to subsidize broadband expansion.

I've downgraded by broadband plan three times in the last four years as the price just keeps going higher. I see where Netflix may be recognizing this by offering some download options. Cord-cutters are surely going to wonder what happened.

Reactions: satjay and osu1991
Here is my letter to the FCC.

Dear FCC,
I'm Scott Greczkowski and I live in Newington, CT.

Net neutrality, the principle that Internet service providers (ISPs) should treat all data that travels over their networks equally, is important to me because without it ISPs could have too much power to determine my Internet experience by providing better access to some services but not others.
A pay-to-play Internet worries me because ISPs could act as the gatekeepers to their subscribers.
I run a small but popular website, it is hosted at a major data center in Lansing, MI. As this data center I pay to have my servers located in a rack, to have power and to be connected to the internet. I also pay the data center for all the bandwidth my servers use. If my website gets a lot of traffic I pay more for my bandwidth, in other words I pay for what I use.

In addition the people who visit my website all subscribe to an ISP to order to access my website, these people are paying for the bandwidth they use to their ISP in their monthly bills.

Now lets say my website gets really popular, and a company like Comcast notices that a lot of their Internet Customers are visiting my website. They come to me and say, "Hey we noticed a lot of our customers are visiting your website. And because of this we think you should pay us for carrying your traffic and if you dont then we will throttle our customers connection to your website slowing them down."

What kind of crap is that?

I pay for my bandwith to my ISP for my website and the person at home who accesses my website pay their ISP for the bandwidth they use. Why should the users ISP want me to pay them pass along my websites traffic when I already paid my ISP for that traffic and the customer has pad that ISP to be able to access the internet?

If I lived on a public street and you lived on the other end of that street and Comcast lived in the middle of the street, would Comcast have a right to put up a toll booth in the middle of the public street and charge me a toll just so I could go visit you?

I think not.

Sincerely,

Scott Greczkowski
Without getting into the merits (or lack) of your argument I'd like to suggest that this better belongs on your political chat.

Without getting into the merits (or lack) of your argument I'd like to suggest that this better belongs on your political chat.
This, of course, is Scott's website and he can post what he wants to and where he wants to. He is bringing it up in this thread because it relates to this very website and it's relationship with net neutrality.

I will assume that for what ever reason, you believe what he wrote was not true?

I am truly getting sick of Bills, and Laws worded as they will do the exact opposite of what the title says!

And even worse the disinformation that is spread with it.......We as a society are doomed!

Well here we go people....Hope you have fun paying for more and getting less!!!!

Like our internet wasnt bad enough?..............Americans are so stupid!

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts