Netflix' A Series of Unfortunate Events

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Has anybody been watching this? Season 2 came out last week. It's based on the book series(which means we may have to start a separate thread for those who have read the book?). I didn't realize until i looked it up that the actor who plays Sunny was 3 years old during the first season, & is now 4. Even so, it's amazing that they could get a 3 year old to do what she did, either that or it was an incredible amount of special effects, beyond the obvious.

I've only caught 1 or 2 episodes of it. Mostly out of curiosity as Neil Patrick Harris plays Olaf.

It was okay, and Harris was his usual funny, but the show just didn't catch my attention. Mostly due to tastes instead of it's quality. The older kids like it though.

There were only 13 books. The entire series could have been covered in 1 season. The movie a few years back covered the series, albeit not well.

There were only 13 books. The entire series could have been covered in 1 season. The movie a few years back covered the series, albeit not well.
I remember the Jim Carrey movie, it felt like 3 different episodes of a tv series. Of course it being based on the first 3 books is why.
At the time I felt it would be better handled as a tv mini-series, which is how Netflix is doing it now.

I've only caught 1 or 2 episodes of it. Mostly out of curiosity as Neil Patrick Harris plays Olaf.

It was okay, and Harris was his usual funny, but the show just didn't catch my attention. Mostly due to tastes instead of it's quality. The older kids like it though.
The first 2 episodes is Neil Patrick Harris being Count Olaf, after that, he's always in a disguise that only the Baudelaire children can see through. the adults are totally oblivious to it. The coughing banker complains that the Baudelaire children can't keep their description of Count Olaf consistent, because he's ALWAYS in a different disguise.

Edit: Pay attention to the middle verse of the theme song, it always changes to accommodate the particular 2 episodes, & Harris always sings it in the character that he's disguised as.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts