Netflix adds HD DVD rental option

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teamerickson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
Netflix adds HD DVD rental option
There’s no indication, however, when titles will be available
By Jennifer Netherby 3/13/2006
MARCH 13 | Netflix has begun allowing users to set up their rental queue to add HD DVD discs, however, no movies appear to be available yet on the site in the format.

The additional Netflix feature comes as a delay is increasingly likely for the HD DVD format launch, which is set for later this month. Last week, Walmart.com stopped taking pre-orders for HD DVDs, sending an e-mail to those who had already ordered that said the titles were canceled (VB, 3-10).

Netflix is allowing users to alter their account set-up so that they can receive HD DVD rentals, however, the company doesn’t say when those high-definition films will become available. Users must click that they have the necessary equipment to play HD DVDs before choosing whether to set the HD DVD format as their first choice format for discs they rent.

Netflix is not charging subscribers more to rent HD DVDs.

The company describes HD DVD as a new type of high-definition format that will “greatly improve home entertainment,” while noting that users should check back later in the year for Blu-ray availability.

A spokesperson for Netflix wasn’t immediately available to comment on the new feature.

No, the titles are not yet released. Later this month.

Fgsilva said:
so they do have already titles available?

I just went in to my Netflix account and so far they only have one movie on HD-DVD catagory.
Million dollar baby

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection?sgid=2442&hnjr=3

[FONT=arial, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]The Last Samurai[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]The Phantom of the Opera: Special Edition[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Million Dollar Baby[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Serenity[/SIZE][/FONT]
70035994.jpg

HD-A1 came with a free month of NetFlix membership. I think I will give it a try.

Netflix Million dollar Baby.

Netflix mailed Million Dollar Baby today (Monday) and the e-mail says I will get it tomorrow. Pretty impressive Netflix.

mageeks said:
Netflix mailed Million Dollar Baby today (Monday) and the e-mail says I will get it tomorrow. Pretty impressive Netflix.
Let us know if you get it. Best Buy has not received this title yet. They've got the other three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)