Netflix app started doing something weird.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I've never had any problems with it. Two nights ago I start the app and while reading a description of a movie it starts playing the movie and the description goes away without me pushing play. It was happening last night and getting very annoying. No matter which show I selected it would just automatically start playing without me doing anything. I have not got any new updates.

This happened to Netflix a year or two ago as well. It's affecting not just the Hopper app but most of Netflix's apps (which are all just HTML5 apps pulling down their interface from the web anyway). Last time this happened they were showing the wrong descriptions with shows.

I wish that we could be able to disable that feature,I find it very annoying. What I do is when I hit the movie description,I hit play & then the back button,& that seems to disable the playing in the background. The playing in the background while I'm trying to read what it's about does nothing to enhance my viewing experience,it annoys & frustrates it. If it ain't broke,don't fix it.

Genre categories will be making a comeback to the Netflix app because they are already now on the PS3/PS4 app... and yes I hate the feature where the movie/tv show auto starts. However I'm starting to get used to it.