Netflix Expanding Video Streaming Business

"DVD rentals will peak as early as 2013"

Doesnt worry me too much, thats 4 years away and we know how things change in technology. By the time dvd and br peak or begin to die, hsi and streaming will be able to accommodate better pq and audio.

I have movies and TV shows on DVD that we have in our watch instant queue as non-HD streaming selections for pure convenience only.

Hastings maintained that Netflix does not want to diversify its online video revenue streams, and thinks continuity around its monthly subscription brand is a better plan than breaking out into ad-supported or pay-per-view video.
Good stuff.

Just because it peaks, doesn't mean it instantly dies or content suddenly becomes less available. By 2013 there will be enough BD players (not too mention DVDs) out in the world that disc media won't go any where any time soon.

I don't like the idea really... but Netflix has some survey out to some people asking if they'd pay $9.99 for access to all of HBO's series (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, etc) for a $9.99 charge. I guess if their current shows appeared the day after they air or something this could be a pretty big deal... watch your HBO shows without subbing to a Cable or Sat provider.

There are some catalogs I'd pay more for, but would rather see them and a smaller price... something like $3.99 for access to all the Star Trek television series.

Give me the option to have to watch advertising before starting streams or something to offset these costs, please.

http://arstechnica.com/media/news/2009/02/netflix-hints-at-premium-streaming-channel.ars

The list of titles users are asked to consider at this cost in the survey:

6a00d83451c1bb69e2010536fd170c970b-pi

LoL, I recently dropped HBO to save $11 on my cable bill since every movie they had coming out that I was interested in I had already gotten from Netflix on BD.

Yeah, I just dont see paying that much. I can get HBO shows off Itunes easily.

Just watched a bit of a movie on my Tivo HD off Netflix, pretty cool.

9 dollars for streaming access, I'l just put the DVD in my queue. There are plenty of older back catalog TV shows i have not seen that I can still watch. I just started Jeremiah. I still have Dr Who, And Battlestar Galactica among others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)