Netflix find of the day "Paul McCartney Is Really Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Anyone old enough to remember the "Paul is dead" rumors, played the Beatles albums backwards to hear "turn me on dead man" and tried to glean all the hidden clues about Paul's supposed death Nov 9. 1966 caused by a hitchhiker named Rita, will enjoy this documentary. This work of fiction (even if the film makers were trying to be serious) was quite fun to watch. However anyone REALLY into the Beatles will easily spot more than a few obvious chronological and factual errors. Still, very entertaining when viewed as the "Mocumentary" it is

I highly recommend it.

Slightly before my time, but me and my juvenile knucklehead friends were trying to figure out how buried Paul in the early '70s. Go figure! No internet I guess. Well, at least I learned a new word...mocumentary. :)

Christopher Guest has made a carrer out of these mocumentaries. In addition to Spinal Tap, he has done "Best in Show" about dog shows, "Waiting for Guffman" about community theater groups, "A Mighty Wind" about folk singers, and "For Your Consideration" about Oscar buzz in a small movie production company.

Maybe nothing but the Oxford dictionary says it can be spelled either mockumentary or mocumentary..... Wiki doesn't show that and all I am saying is that Wiki isn't always right. You corrected TNGTony's spelling or typing in a condescending way and I am simply correcting that.

I've always seen it as "mockumentary".

One of the best is the original BBC The Office series, and the US Office and Parks and Rec, are Mocks as well.

Maybe nothing but the Oxford dictionary says it can be spelled either mockumentary or mocumentary..... Wiki doesn't show that and all I am saying is that Wiki isn't always right. You corrected TNGTony's spelling or typing in a condescending way and I am simply correcting that.

The only one I made fun of in that post was myself. I think you should reread it in light of the tone of the thread.

BTW Tony if YOU were offended I apologize but I assume you saw who was being welll for lack ofa better word----"mocked.'

I've always seen it as "mockumentary".

One of the best is the original BBC The Office series, and the US Office and Parks and Rec, are Mocks as well.

If you take it that far, so are most reality TV shows, since they are scripted and enhanced to increase drama.

The only one I made fun of in that post was myself. I think you should reread it in light of the tone of the thread.

BTW Tony if YOU were offended I apologize but I assume you saw who was being welll for lack ofa better word----"mocked.'

I guess I didn't see it that way and I apologize for being a grump. Meanwhile back to our remaining program... :)

If you take it that far, so are most reality TV shows, since they are scripted and enhanced to increase drama.

I wasn't taking that far at all. The whole premise of "The Office" was that there was a crew filming a documentary about the day-to-day lives of office employees in the Slough branch of the fake Wernham Hogg Paper Company.

The US version of The Office copied it, and Parks and Rec is filmed the same way.

Reality TV isn't in the same realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)