Netflix Introduces New Plans and Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is when people here don't like something they bitch and moan about it here after claiming to have dumped the service. Why is that? Do you feel awful at having your emotions over rule your common sense? You just dumped something you really like for what is really just an emotional response. Those who got a wake-up call on this, discovering they were subscribed to something they never used in the first place cancelled and moved on. They don't come here and bellyache about it. Some just like to make believe a successful company has failed at something. I suspect these were never a customer of the service in the first place. If I don't like something enough to cancel it, go to the competition, I don't hang around after cancelling and piss and moan about it. I put it behind me. It's known as a forward thinking lifestyle. Doesn't matter where I've been, it matters where I'm going.

Isn't it a normal loss thing, Don? The point is that they felt good about the old service, and now feel betrayed by two major changes ina short period. I think it becomes the old anger/denial reaction.

As a current sub, I reserve the right to bitch and moan about the service and changes as I determine which is the best route for me to take.
What anyone else discusses on the topic, current sub or past sub, well, that's their business and doesn't bother me. ;)

When you screw up that badly, when you pi$$ off your long-time loyal customers to the point that a million of them drop your service in one month, you can't expect them to walk away quietly! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

As of today I'm down to streaming only with Netflix. We'll see what happens with Blockbuster. I'll just get DVD's from RedBox for the time being.

I had decided in August to cancel the BD/DVD mail end of the Netflix account but then got interested in about 16 new releases in BD that were not carried by BB so I have a cue now and will probably close out the service when I get through all the BD in it unless more come out that I can't get through BB. It's a month by month evaluation. Blockbuster movie/game pass is my primary service here as far as time watched per day. My secondary service is Dish Network and last Netflix. But, DishNetwork is my most expensive by a factor of 3 times. Netflix is my least costly service. ( I'm rating them by cost per viewing hour, not by monthly charge. ) If I rated them by monthly charge, the ratio would be the same.

1. Dish Network is $114.58 per month ( Basic AT250 service with HD, no premium channels 2 DVR's )
2. BB is now $37.44 per month ( store movie/game pass: up to 60 BluRay or Games per month possible, I average 45 )
3. Netflix is now $19.24 per month. ( unlimited streaming plus 9 BD per month possible, I average 7 BD mail )

If I dropped anything I would consider dropping DishNetwork and buying a DVR for OTA TV, I will soon consider dropping Netflix mail DVD but will continue streaming service. But right now the service I have is within my budget. Netflix streaming would be the last service I would drop as budgets get tighter. No emotion here, just number crunching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts