Netflix on hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe891

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
Maryland
Netflix on hopper with sling seems to stop at random and or get stuck buffering at 99% my hopper is connected directly to the router and when I run a speed test on the computer it shows I'm getting 55 mbps down 64 up any clue what's going on? Could it be my hopper?

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1604599851

Netflix on hopper with sling seems to stop at random and or get stuck buffering at 99% my hopper is connected directly to the router and when I run a speed test on the computer it shows I'm getting 55 mbps down 64 up any clue what's going on? Could it be my hopper?

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1604599851
That speed test is from your phone, not your hopper, or eithernet connected computer.
You should run a test on the Hopper, and reboot your router if there are issues.

Reactions: Dr. Waffle
That speed test is from your phone, not your hopper, or eithernet connected computer.
You should run a test on the Hopper, and reboot your router if there are issues.
Sorry, I've only had dish for 2 months and am new to the forum. How do I run a speed test on the hopper? My speeds on an ethernet connected computer are the same as what I received on the phone test.

Also I have seen shortly after the deal with netflix it say when I watch something on demand it said streaming at 34mbps

I have 15 Mbps service and I can stream netflix in all 4 of my rooms at the same time with no issues.

Have you tried rebooting your router?

I have 15 Mbps service and I can stream netflix in all 4 of my rooms at the same time with no issues.

Have you tried rebooting your router?
Yes I rebooted the router and the hopper I have 50 mbps down and up service and normally I can stream netflix throughout. I am noticing now that it isn't happening after switching my hopper from ethernet to wifi which I used ethernet assuming it would work better but it for some reason is getting slower speeds thru ethernet. I guess I just have a bad ethernet cable. Either way I love the hopper so far. :)

Yes I rebooted the router and the hopper I have 50 mbps down and up service and normally I can stream netflix throughout. I am noticing now that it isn't happening after switching my hopper from ethernet to wifi which I used ethernet assuming it would work better but it for some reason is getting slower speeds thru ethernet. I guess I just have a bad ethernet cable. Either way I love the hopper so far. :)
If you are going to swap between wifi and ethernet, there are steps that have to be taken. It's not just plug and play.

When you plug in eithernet, do the following.

Menu -settings - network -broadband - reset network.

Same steps to go back to wifi once you unplug ethernet.
But you may have to sign back into your network.
You might be best just to use the WiFi if you aren't sure how to do it.

If you are going to swap between wifi and ethernet, there are steps that have to be taken. It's not just plug and play.

When you plug in eithernet, do the following.

Menu -settings - network -broadband - reset network.

Same steps to go back to wifi once you unplug ethernet.
I did that to get it working thank you

Using Netflix through the Hopper -- for us -- is unreliable. I'm the only person in our house who uses it and I only do because I like the interface so much better. It will routinely go up to 25% and hang, then 44%, hang again, go higher, and sometimes stop long enough that I hit the cancel button and try again. Or it will hang up while something is playing and sometimes resume or sometimes not. Our TV has a Netflix app and we also have a Roku with the app and they work flawlessly. They are all connected wirelessly and in the same location.

Using Netflix through the Hopper -- for us -- is unreliable. I'm the only person in our house who uses it and I only do because I like the interface so much better. It will routinely go up to 25% and hang, then 44%, hang again, go higher, and sometimes stop long enough that I hit the cancel button and try again. Or it will hang up while something is playing and sometimes resume or sometimes not. Our TV has a Netflix app and we also have a Roku with the app and they work flawlessly. They are all connected wirelessly and in the same location.
Thanks hall that is what I have suspected may be happening. Not a huge deal I will just use the netflix app on my tv instead as well I just like the interface on the hopper as well. Hopefully they'll be able to improve it someday.

I should clarify, it doesn't always do that. It does work fine a lot of the time, even most of the time. The other devices are fine 99% though.

I have exactly the same experience. I originally went to Netflix via Channel 473 because it seemed simpler, but it would hang up on loading, or, sometimes when the show was finished, I couldn't get out of the "channel" and back to the DISH guide. I have a Vizio, which includes a button on the remote for both Netflix and Amazon, so I take the easy way out. I do find it is "cleaner" to change the input on the television monitor to "TV" instead of "satellite TV," or one of the streaming boxes I have.

It's been worse lately, almost unusable. I tried watching a couple different things yesterday and it got stuck at 25% a dozen times. If it does get past 25%, it will often get stuck at 81%. Odd that I know the % so well, huh ? It's because I see them so often. Other times it bails out and says "there's a problem" or says I'm not connected to the internet. I can immediately fire up the TV's Netflix app and everything works flawlessly !

I'm going to connect the receiver by ethernet and see if it makes any difference. It shouldn't though. When I use Dish's streaming options, it frequently reports the streaming speed at 10-15Mb/s (we pay for 15Mb/s service).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)