Netflix question

dlmcmurr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Tennessee
Haven't been on her for a while and now I notice some buzz about a new Netflix app being available. Is that only on the HWS and not on the H2K?

Thanks,
Dave

Correct. Asked the same thing a while back. The H2K just isn't a beefy enough machine to handle this. It's already slow enough just for the regular apps.

May need to pursue an upgrade then unless there's a Hopper plus something else that's on the horizon. Thanks for the reply.

May need to pursue an upgrade then unless there's a Hopper plus something else that's on the horizon. Thanks for the reply.
If you already have a Netflix account, and you'll need one, you probably already have access via your TV, bluray player, or a ROKU like device...

If you already have a Netflix account, and you'll need one, you probably already have access via your TV, bluray player, or a ROKU like device...
Yeah, if you have access to Netflix already, getting the HWS for Netflix alone may not be worth it. It is noticeably faster than the original Hopper but if the original feels "okay" to you today, some people may want to pass. On the other hand, other than losing recordings, it cost us nothing to upgrade.

Don't even have to lose recordings. I just did mine about a month ago and transfered all my recordings with EHD and timers and settings with remote. I did upgrade my H2K just got the Netflix, but I hd one HWS already. I also sometimes like the transfer feature. It took me this long to do the second one though... Got the first HwS upon release.

No, you don't have to, but the majority of customers will. I've been with Dish since '05 and have had a 622 and newer receivers and never connected an HDD.

No, you don't have to, but the majority of customers will. I've been with Dish since '05 and have had a 622 and newer receivers and never connected an HDD.
I never had an HDD connected to my 622's either until I switched to the HWS. I had a lot of stuff from the Voom days that I didn't want to loose.

By "loose" you mean "lose", well both.
I archived far too much. Still it's great to have the EHD.
I'll never get to most of that but just in case I take a fancy to them, I can see entire series.
-Ken

Why archive so many shows that you can never watch them. I have 200 movies on my extended hard drive that I have never seen. I do not watch reruns of series. There is so much new on tv that I rarely watch one on my extended HD. Every time that I try canceling BB@H, they offer it to me at half price, which is hard to refuse. So, I save even more movies.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I watch reruns of series all the time, as the quality new stuff is become more and more scarce.

I watch reruns of series all the time, as the quality new stuff is become more and more scarce.
I watch reruns too ,but only on Cozi tv or Metv. I don't watch new stuff when it reruns ,because it simply doesn't hold up as well and I don't have that much time to watch everything I have now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts