Netflix users don't want ads

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is not for the year, they have about 150 million subs worldwide, so if you multiply that number by $10 a month ( a average, since some pay more, some pay less ), that is 1.5 billion a month.

Another company with long term debt-Dish Network at $15.14 Billion, are you predicting them to be a sinking ship as you did with Netflix, I would be more concerned with Dish since they have lost almost 4 million subs in the last few years vs. Netflix which has only gone up.

DISH Network Total Long Term Debt (Quarterly) | DISH

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
So their posted balance sheet is wrong and the math in your head is right? Hardly. They haven't had a plus side to the ledgar since 2011. While Netflix had some gains internationally those gains were half of what was projected and they lost 130,000 subs in the US Q2 2019. Netflix stock dropped 10% Wednesday after their announcement. Seriously, do some research.

And we're not talking about Dish so leave it out of the conversation.

So their posted balance sheet is wrong and the math in your head is right? Hardly. They haven't had a plus side to the ledgar since 2011. While Netflix had some gains internationally those gains were half of what was projected and they lost 130,000 subs in the US Q2 2019. Netflix stock dropped 10% Wednesday after their announcement. Seriously, do some research.

I did do some research-For the fiscal year 2018, Netflix reported earnings of US$1.21 billion, with an annual revenue of US$15.8 billion, an increase of approximately 116% over the previous fiscal cycle. Netflix's shares traded at over $400 per share at its highest price in 2018, and its market capitalization reached a value of over US$180 billion in June 2018. Netflix ranked 261 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States companies by revenue.

Netflix

As far as gained some subs as you phased it, it was 2.7 million international subs they increased by plus revenue was up 26%, the stock market over reacted as usual.

And we're not talking about Dish so leave it out of the conversation.

No, I used them as a example, why is long term debt bad for Netflix and not for Dish?

Last edited:
No, I used them as a example, why is long term debt bad for Netflix and not for Dish?
This is what happens when people who aren't actively involved running or analyzing large businesses try to apply statistics and numbers they find to predicting a company's performance. Most of us have done it at one time or another and the end result is that most of us aren't "livin' large" off the stock market based on our predictions.

Debt is not a bad thing. Whether we understand how that works or not is inconsequential to the actual success of the company.

Netflix is ad free? Never would have guessed it with all of the product placement for Coke and a lesser extent for Burger King in Stranger Things 3. Better then real commercials, but when it's forced, its too much. Like Subway and Chuck.

Pepsico must not have paid anywhere near as much as their competitor, all they had were a couple of soda fountains at the Starcourt and Hopper eating Tostito's in the opening scene.
I'm so tuned out on Ads that I never really see the items you mentioned in Stranger Things.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)