Netflix vs Amazon streaming

Maineiac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 12, 2005
I have been using both services for a couple of months and i cant understand why amazon is charging $1.99 for some shows and seasons when i get the same shows for free from Netflix

I have been using both services for a couple of months and i cant understand why amazon is charging $1.99 for some shows and seasons when i get the same shows for free from Netflix

It's all about licenses.Each provider has different deals with the broadcasters.

Because both services have different content rights. A lot of the Amazon Prime shows are the same as the Netflix shows but there are also a lot of shows and movies that sign exclusive deals with one service or the other. Just because Netflix has rights to a show doesn't mean that all streaming services get rights to it.

The $1.99 per episode you are talking about is the standard Amazon streaming. Amazon Prime is the all you can eat service similar to Netflix.

The 1.99 is when you buy the show. It is "yours" (well with lots of DRM still), you can download it to a PC, iPhone, iPad, etc. and watch offline.

If netflix does not have the show available for streaming you might be able to go the DVD route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)