Netflix ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Below are several questions concerning Netflix and Dish. With another one of my network shows moving to Netflix I am checking into.

1) Without committing or even trying Netflix free how does it work with the Hopper 3?

2) What are the advantages of using it with the Hopper 3 vs using it with my 4K HDTV?

3) Is there a schedule that shows what shows are on or what is available?

4) Is there a way to record anything?

5) What networks shows that has moved to Netflix are still available for watching?

Below are several questions concerning Netflix and Dish. With another one of my network shows moving to Netflix I am checking into.

1) Without committing or even trying Netflix free how does it work with the Hopper 3?

It is a channel you go to on the guide

2) What are the advantages of using it with the Hopper 3 vs using it with my 4K HDTV?

No switching from one input to another, all in one.

3) Is there a schedule that shows what shows are on or what is available?

It is more like on demand. You just search for shows to watch.

4) Is there a way to record anything? Never tried but no need to as it is like a DVR. The show is always available to watch as long as it is still on Netflix.

5) What networks shows that has moved to Netflix are still available for watching?

There are lots of network shows still available to watch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1) It works fine but has minor troubles at times and doesn't have 5.1 sound if that is important to you.

2) There are no advantages and if you have another way to access it, like an app on your TV I would use that one first.

3) Not a schedule per se but you can see everything that is available or you can search to see if it is available.

4) No, no recording for a permanent copy but you can watch everything any time until it is no longer on Netflix.

5) Shows are available for a long time but they do go away after a while.

Keep in mind that Netflix is not set up like a TV station, there are no timed events. When a program is available it will be available any time until they take it off. You can get a one month free trial of Netflix to see if it fits your needs.

Many others have had stability issues with Netflix on the Hopper. If you subscribe to the 4K Netflix service a number of shows are available in 4K HDR. I'm not sure if the Hopper will stream Netflix at 4K. My recommendation is to forgo using the Hopper for Netflix since you have a TV that will stream for you. Another solution is a Roku or Firestick. The Roku Premiere Plus and the Firestick 4K both work well. ( I have both)

I don't know of any way to record Netflix streams; however, you may download many Netflix shows to your Android phone using the Netflix app and watch later even if there is no wifi or cell service. This capability is linked to your ongoing paid account and downloaded titles eventually become unplayable if you cancel.

If you haven't recently used the Netflix free trial offer I would go that route to see if the service is worth the subscription fee.

There is a app called Justwatch that will let you search across different streaming services to see what is available.

One caveat is you need good internet service with a generous data cap.

There are a few ways to record from Netflix (and all the other streaming services). One of them is a product called PlayOn. It's a PC application that will download and save Netflix offerings to the PC's HD. If your Hopper is connected to your home network, you can then watch whatever you've downloaded on your TV.

There are a few ways to record from Netflix (and all the other streaming services). One of them is a product called PlayOn. It's a PC application that will download and save Netflix offerings to the PC's HD. If your Hopper is connected to your home network, you can then watch whatever you've downloaded on your TV.
And that isn’t remotely legal or fair use.

Reactions: meStevo
Many others have had stability issues with Netflix on the Hopper. If you subscribe to the 4K Netflix service a number of shows are available in 4K HDR. I'm not sure if the Hopper will stream Netflix at 4K.

The Hopper3 definitely does play 4K Netflix movies. Occasionally, you have to reset the Netflix app under Hopper3 tools menu. Currently it does not do Dolby 5.1.
However, Scott has posted that Dish is committed to Netflix so some future improvements may be coming.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Using my Sony 4K HDTV may be my best option. All it takes is a push of a button on my remote to switch from the Hopper 3 to my TV.

I see that Dish does not do DD 5.1 with Netflix. Will my TV do it or does Netflix not do DD 5.1?

Using my Sony 4K HDTV may be my best option. All it takes is a push of a button on my remote to switch from the Hopper 3 to my TV.

I see that Dish does not do DD 5.1 with Netflix. Will my TV do it or does Netflix not do DD 5.1?

Depends on how you hook it up to your receiver, if using ARC it should, also depends on what model TV, some models did not pass the DD+ signal.

The Netflix app on the Hopper 3 doesn't do DD+ 5.1. It does on most other sources (e.g., the Xbox, FireTV, Roku, etc.).

I have streamed Amazon and VUDU on my TV in 4K-HDR and I get DD 5.1 through my A/V receiver, so I am assuming Netflix would also.

Will I be able to stream 4K in the free trial?

I have a Comcast X1 box. It does not have 5.1 audio on its Netflix App. My LG OLED does do 5.1with Netflix. The picture is also better than Comcasts. I am using ARC.

I have streamed Amazon and VUDU on my TV in 4K-HDR and I get DD 5.1 through my A/V receiver, so I am assuming Netflix would also.

Will I be able to stream 4K in the free trial?

If I recall when signing up for free trial you can select number of dreams at a time and the top package is 4K and 4 streams.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)