New 211k + EHD DVR Function

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
I have a few questions about the DVR fuction of my 211K reciever.
Is there any special proceedures I must do besides hooking the drive to the reciever via usb and pluging in and turning on the power to the EHD?
I have the MYRVDish setup/subscription in my RV so please keep this in mind for the next couple of questions.
I have ordered and recieved a WD 500GB EHD Part No. WDAAU5000EBK-NESN R.
Once the EHD is formatted/activated for the DVR fuction and all the recording fuctions are working correctly, can the DVR record in HD from OTA? Can it also record in HD through the reciever OTA tuner when there is no Satellite signal after my subscription runs out?
Thanks

You may be able to get away for a while (days) without having satellite signal if the receiver is kept on, but I have serious doubts about whether it will function normally from a cold start without satellite signal.

You may be able to get away for a while (days) without having satellite signal if the receiver is kept on, but I have serious doubts about whether it will function normally from a cold start without satellite signal.

Thanks. But I can speculate all days about my serious doubts, I need hard facts.
It also may be that the OTA program guide will not be there to let me choose the OTA program to record if not getting a sat signal.
Is the OTA HD signal passed through the Dish OTA tuner so it can be viewed and recorded in HD or is the Dish OTA tuner just a digital converter like the free ones a person gets to view Digital on an analog TV?
Someone want to confirm this with fact?
Thanks

The OTA tuner can be viewed and will record in HD. It will not function at all without a satellite signal..... Clear enough?