New 211z with existing 500 antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cnaimo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Central Mass
Hi, I purchased a new home with a older 500 antenna and wanted to hook up a 211z reciever? will this work ? if so what wont work ?

I have see conflicting answers?

or should i pick up a new style dish 1000.2 ?

thank you

yes it will work but you wont get any HD (or very minimal) as the HD is on 129 and the D500 only sees 110 & 119

Are you looking to get HD? If so and if your location is correct, get the eastern Arc dish that sees 61.5 & 72.7

yes it will work but you wont get any HD (or very minimal) as the HD is on 129 and the D500 only sees 110 & 119

Are you looking to get HD? If so and if your location is correct, get the eastern Arc dish that sees 61.5 & 72.7

Thank you i will purchase the 1000.2 which i believe gets all of them for the east coast?

Just tone out your line and Hook up a ground block, and get a 1.2K dish and Triple lnb non hybrid. EA. I know nothing about, I install on the WA.
Set that sucker up, and run it to the ground block and ground the system, and should be good to go.
Important don't forget to run a check switch after it's been installed .
To do that:
Go to menu
Press 6, 6, 1 and confirm correct satellite and transponders are selected, run Check Switch so it's communicating with your new setup.

Thank you i will purchase the 1000.2 which i believe gets all of them for the east coast?
it will but 129 will have a very low elevation. The Eastern Arc dish would be better as those satellites are higher in the sky on the east coast

Just make sure you get the Eastern Arc 2 LNB.
1000.2 dish themselves are Identical for Eastern and Western arc.
Just the lnb is different

1000.4s are obsolete, more expensive and bigger.
Don't waste your money.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: navychop
Just make sure you get the Eastern Arc 2 LNB.
1000.2 dish themselves are Identical for Eastern and Western arc.
Just the lnb is different

1000.4s are obsolete, more expensive and bigger.
Don't waste your money.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Thank you i will pick up an 1000.2 and remove the 500 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts