New 4 Room Install; DVR and PIP question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DaNutz

Original poster
Apr 28, 2006
I just ordered Dish to be installed on May 19th for 4 rooms..

Main living room is a 622 DVR...Bedroom is a standard def DVR (625 I think it is).
Other 2 rooms are just a basic SD.

They said I would only require these 2 receivers to get all 4 rooms to be
able to watch different programs.

In hindsight I dont believe I asked the sales guy enough questions.

Will I be able to use my TV's PIP feature in main living room? How
about recording via the DVR and watching a different program at the
same time?

Also in the other 2 rooms that dont have a receiver, how do I
change the channels from within those rooms?

Your TV's PIP feature I assume requires two sources, whether sat tuner, OTA tuner, cable, DVD, etc. If you are planning on sat signals for both then you might need to do some juggling. The 622 has 2 tuners. If it's located in the living room then both could be directed two of the TV's inputs by various means. If the 622 is in another room then you will have one "remote" (TV2) feed that can interconnect the 622 and your living room TV.

The 622 also has a nifty PIP capability of its own, and it has several options for watching one channel while recording multiple others.

I'm not sure what your last question asks. Do you currently have TVs there but no receivers? In the case of the 622, you can feed that TV2 output to the other room(s) and use the UHF remote (remote 2, "blue") that comes with the 622 to control the set(s) in those other room(s). The 622 also has a "main" IR remote for the room where the HD "nearby" TV1 is located (remote 1, "green"). How the UHF remote works depends on whether the 622 is in "single" or "dual" mode, and other factors.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about the 625. Someone else can weigh-in on how that one compares...

Last edited:
you can go on dishnetwork.com and view manual for your receiver. The 625 will require that you be in single tv mode but I frequently switch back and forth as long as the other tv that the tuner controls is not being used. Very simple by going into the menu and changing the mode. Switch back when your done. Put some thought into that you want TV one to be the the one watched most and tv 2 hopefully used on the lesser side for recording live tv and watching live tv. Regardless you can always record live tv and watch a program all ready recorded.
The manual does a pretty good job explaining if I didnt.

webbydude said:
The 625 PIP feature requires the receiver to be in single-mode. Essentially neutering the other room, TV#2.
This is also true with the 622. Also, with the 622 in the Single mode you can still see/control the PIP feature on TV2, which will have the same program as TV1 in single. (Not sure if that is the same with the 625.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)