New 4 room install with little existing wiring

stevet96

SatelliteGuys Family
May 7, 2004
I had Voom until it shut down. I had it installed in my living room. I am now looking to get Dish installed in 4 rooms including the living room. I have a Dish 6000 box for OTA HD and will use that in my living room. I also want a DVR in the living room, but since the 6000 box is already there I do not need a dual tuner. I then plan on using a 311 in the other 3 rooms. Currently, the living room has one coax run to it and the other 3 rooms have no wiring. I'm guessing the wiring cost is not covered by the free install, is that right? Any guestimate on what a 4 room install would cost for new wiring? Any tips for getting it installed right the first time?

Also is there any other installation needs that I should be aware of for a 4 room and 5 receiver install? Is the switch included in free install or will I have to purchase that as well?

Thanks for your help!

The free installation covers dishes, lnbs, switches and the wiring to up to 4 receivers. If that cable run to the living room is not RG6 swept tested to 2300 Mhz, the installer will need to replace it for free. I don't know if you can use your existing equipment (6000 box) if you are going as a new customer. You might want to ask about that.

The 5th receiver installation is extra and I believe it's $59.99 for an extra receiver plus the cost of any extra switch or equipment.

What about a 625, a 322, and a 311?

The only single tuner DVR dish *might* give you is a 510 and that still has the DVR fee, so the 6000 will be first receiver (free), 510 will be 2nd ($5 fee + $5 dvr fee), the 311s will be another $5 each..

That's $25 a month in receiver fees man!

625 for first would be $5 DVR fee (2nd tuner on 1st receiver is free if you keep it plugged in to the phone line), the 322 would be another $5 (same phone line rule), and the 311 would be another $5..

Saves ya $10 a month. If the installer uses a DP plus LNB, you could get a DP separator and not even have to do the whole 5 room install thing :)

Thanks for the tip. I am still toying with the idea of the 942 to get HD and dvr in one box and skip 2 rooms. Is the 942 still available for $250 upfront for new customers?

Thanks again.

I believe that $250 deal still rolls.

BTW, if they do a DP Plus switch you should be able to do the DP separator trick on all outputs, meaning you'd only need 3 coax wires coming into the house to get all 5 receivers.

If anything, a 942 and 322 would do :) You could split the last 2 TVs so that they share the same TV2 output *shrug* Good luck :D

OoTLink said:
I believe that $250 deal still rolls.

BTW, if they do a DP Plus switch you should be able to do the DP separator trick on all outputs, meaning you'd only need 3 coax wires coming into the house to get all 5 receivers.

If anything, a 942 and 322 would do :) You could split the last 2 TVs so that they share the same TV2 output *shrug* Good luck :D

Actually two lines, remember that the 61.5 dp dual lnbf coax line goes to the dpp twins wing dish sat in port and is mixxed in by way of a built in switch.

A 5th reciever would be $149 plus the cost of a switch depending on wich way the install goes, I'd go for the 942 and a 625, split the 2nd tuner off the 625 to two rooms and do the same for the 942. I'm guessing that the 2nd tuner from the 942 would go to the master bedroom so I would then split that to the "man cave" ( basement ). Sell the 6000 on ebay and take the little woman out to dinner as a way to butter her up for when you have all this work done :D

You guys are awesome. If I lease the 942 at $250, would the 625 still be free? If I get the 942, I would dump the 6000 and would not need 5 hookups. Also by having the 942 and 625 my additional fees would be the following right (rounded for simplicity)?

additional receiver: $5.00
Dvr fees: $10.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)