New 40.0 remote doesn't work.

nodsirrah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I just received a new 40.0 remote to use in another room to avoid having to carry the original remote from room to room to watch a TV mirrored to the Hopper.
I have been trying to set up the Mode buttons, when I press any one of the Mode buttons the button lights but no matter how long I hold it down the other Mode buttons do not light nor does that Mode button flash.
When I push any other button the corresponding Mode button lights.
Yes, I did change the batteries. I have been programming Dish remotes for 15 years and this is the first apparently defective one!

Last edited:
Thanks Garys,
I never could find anything in the manual so I googled:
To pair the remote to the receiver press "System Info" button on the front of the receiver then press the "Pair" button the remote.
It works!
I think someone on Satellite Guys posted it. I searched before posting but apparently did not use the correct search words.

Thanks Garys,
I never could find anything in the manual so I googled:
To pair the remote to the receiver press "System Info" button on the front of the receiver then press the "Pair" button the remote.
It works!
I think someone on Satellite Guys posted it. I searched before posting but apparently did not use the correct search words.

Glad you found it, I only have access to Hopper while at work and wasn't there when Hopper was set up so I'm not sure what needed to be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts