New 4K Receivers ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
Is there any plans for Directv to come out with a new receiver to replace the 4K clients?

Unknown at this time.
We can hope so.
There was talk awhile back about possibly one that handles D* as well as U Verse ... combined.

I have encountered continuing problems with the HR 54/C61k combination and, consequently, interacted repeatedly with first-line and supervisory technicians over many months. (My issue now has been elevated to Engineering but I fear it simply will reside there with no resolution.) In this context, a supervisor apprised me a new DVR indeed is under development, which will output 4k and thereby obviate the need for a client. I profoundly hope he is correct because I would love to jettison the C61k ASAP.

Your issue is being seen by many people so "elevated to engineering" has little meaning, they know all about it.

A home tech told me that the new DVR will be dubbed HR61. It will be 4K and have more tuners and a larger hard drive than the HR51. His info may be pure BS but at least it's something. I would imagine that these features would be expected by all of us here anyway so really nothing revolutionary, just evolutionary.

A home tech told me that the new DVR will be dubbed HR61. It will be 4K and have more tuners and a larger hard drive than the HR51. His info may be pure BS but at least it's something. I would imagine that these features would be expected by all of us here anyway so really nothing revolutionary, just evolutionary.
Seeing there is neither a HR51 or a HR61, I would find this skeptical.

That said, I think there is one being built, of course they haven't released any info stating such.
If numbers followed past course, the new recvr would be a HR64 (possibly a HR64k).

Your issue is being seen by many people so "elevated to engineering" has little meaning, they know all about it.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. The problem I am encountering is a black screen during some trickplays on some channels (to date, never with 4k, ST or CI) while viewing recorded programs; it typically lasts several minutes of recording time. I obviously would be interested if others have experienced the same issue.

I too haven't had an issue like that, or read about it with anyone else.
If it was happening to me my Genie would no longer boot and I would need to call for a replacement, that sounds pretty isolated to me and is likely hardware if everything is setup properly on the Directv network within your home.

I've checked around and I can't find any other reports of this issue. It seems to me it is as jcrandall says a hardware issue specific to your equipment and not an HR54/C61K design issue. I would also be looking at the TV itself.

The only way I would come back to Directv and ditch streaming at this time would be a true 4K receiver. More 4K channels would be a must also.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The only way I would come back to Directv and ditch streaming at this time would be a true 4K receiver. More 4K channels would be a must also.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
What would you do if they decided to stop changing for the HR54 and just the client/RVU if both were on the same TV?

Reactions: AZ.
What would you do if they decided to stop changing for the HR54 and just the client/RVU if both were on the same TV?

Totally agree.....I wont pay for a opening Im not using!...Call it the invisible fee!

I gave up with the set up I had. I took out the C61K and I put an extra bedroom HR24 of my 4K TV. Everything works fine, but I don't have 4K anymore. The issue was also elevated and all I get is a "nice" email every month saying that are still working on this know issue and they will keep me advised. If Dish or any cable companies get any 4K stations before the issue is resolved, I'm gone. I'm thinking of leaving anyway because without the 4K I can get Dish and save money. The techs that come out generally know nothing. It's pretty bad when I know more that they do and I really know nothing. I hope new equipment come soon!.

Last edited:
They haven't had much of a public presence for several years, but they are there.

I gave up with the set up I had. I took out the C61K and I put an extra bedroom HR24 of my 4K TV. Everything works fine, but I don't have 4K anymore. The issue was also elevated and all I get is a "nice" email every month saying that are still working on this know issue and they will keep me advised. If Dish or any cable companies get any 4K stations before the issue is resolved, I'm gone. I'm thinking of leaving anyway because without the 4K I can get Dish and save money. The techs that come out generally know nothing. It's pretty bad when I know more that they do and I really know nothing. I hope new equipment come soon!.
You know more because you are here and maybe other sites, the D* employees only know what they are told about.

If you were not coming to sites like this, you wouldn't know any more than the normal sub out there that has no idea how this stuff works either.
You are in a VERY small amount of people that currently have Live 4K available to them.

I remember back when the HD stuff was just starting to come out, there were issues then as well.

At least the 4k TV set have been coming very fast, unlike the HD at the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)