New 522 Bug

maximum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Phoenix
I just noticed this new bug since version 2.04

Go to Search
Click the History button (goes to Search History).
Click the Done button on Search History (goes back to Search).
Click the Done button on Search (goes back to Search History).

Looks like the Done button on the Search page takes me back to the last page viewed. If I click the Help button on the search page, it now becomes the page I go to when clicking Done on the search page. Pressing the cancel button on the remote does the same thing as clicking Done.

The only way to get out of the loop is to press the guide button or view TV button on the remote (or wait for the search screen to time out).

Anyone else see this on your 522?

Yep, I confirm this. A little annoying, but I rarely use "Done" to get out of a menu.

Last night, though, I thought I noticed another "bug": I'm watching Sereal Life on VH1, when suddenly it starts changing channels, and then shuts off (out to the screen saver). I start freaking out...it turned back on, then went to the guide, back out to the show, a quick channel change, and then off again. I'm thinking, "HOLY sh*t!! THIS THING IS GOING BACK!!" I was getting furious....when suddenly I heard laughing. Out my front window, standing on my porch, is my brother-in-law. Bastard. He brought over his Dish remote for the sole reason of driving me nuts. Mission Accomplished!

BTW, he doesn't have a DishDVR, but his remote worked just fine for basic TV viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)