New 522

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bwp73

Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
So here's my story.....

On Ebay I bid and won an auction for a new 510. One month later I finally receive my item but it's not a 510, it's a 522. Reason is the seller basically never sent/contacted/or attempted to contact me for a month so I started a case of fraud against him. When I finally received his number I gave him a call and he asked if I would take a 522 in place of the 510 at the same price I bid on for the 510 so I naturally agreed to this. Finally today I come home to find my 522 which as far as I can tell a new unit.

Now my question is this: Where's the smartcard? I have read a little about some receivers no longer needing the smartcard but since I was prepared to get a 510 I have no clue on the 522. In the manual the only thing that it says about a smartcard is that it is there for future use. Am I to assume that I can simply call up Dish and have them activate the receiver that has no smartcard after I hook everything up?

Thanks for any input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)