new 612 remote issue

sgt940

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
I just received a new 612 to replace my 508, I already have one 612 and a 622. Long story short the 6.3 uhf pro that came with the unit will not work. I was able to download and activate using a 5.3 remote off my 622. Tried the working uhfpro form my old 612 it does not work either, tried new uhfpro on old 612 and works on it great so it is not the remote. Still the new unit works fine on the old 5.3 ir from my 622. Have e-mails into the popular store on this site I bought it from but wanted to see if anyone had a quick fix I might be missing. Just noticed something the old 612 under system info under remote address has ir/uhf proband A, the new unit simple has IR

software l606waxd-n
boot 1230waxd

Last edited:
You need to change the remote frequency. To do this you need to bring up the system info screen, then press the record button on the remote. This should change the remote address on the screen to match your remote.

Also make sure the remote antenna is connected to the back of the receiver.

The issue was the receiver, after working with Dish more than an hour in which we tried the above suggestions multiple times they sent me a new unit. Set the frequency on the new unit per the above by hitting Sat and record, worked first try. Overall I would give Dish good marks for thier support and speed of shipping a replacment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)