New 622 order will take 2+ months !!!

tomtodd

Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Just ordered my 622 upgrade today (2/16), and the earliest install that the CSR could give me was April 26!!! She said that there was "great response" to the new receivers and that was the reason it would take so long. I expected to be pushed out a little bit based on what I've been reading here, but nowhere near two months.

I plan to play CSR roulette tonight to see if I can get the install date moved up.

Are there any new issues that have come up, or have there really been that many orders placed?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Tom...if you find that your 622 is readily shipped well before your install date, simply call up a local retailer to arrange for the installation. If for no other reason you can be certain it's not a fly-by-night outfit AND you can deal with the individual face to face. I'm sure it would be much faster than having to wait for Dish to arrange things with God knows who

So if you wait till April 1 for the rebate you are looking at what next December.. LOL What a joke. They must have learned about new product launches from MS and the Xbox 360..

I just called and ordered my 622. I went through the tech support line (thanks SatelliteGuys). I spoke with a very knowledgable girl named Rosemary. She said she was in Colorado. She set me up with an install date of March 25th. She knew all about the new equipment and packages and quoted the correct fees. She said the installer would bring the receiver and an additional dish to point at the 61.5 bird. Now the wait begins!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
rgerst said:
I just called and ordered my 622. I went through the tech support line (thanks SatelliteGuys). I spoke with a very knowledgable girl named Rosemary. She said she was in Colorado. She set me up with an install date of March 25th. She knew all about the new equipment and packages and quoted the correct fees. She said the installer would bring the receiver and an additional dish to point at the 61.5 bird. Now the wait begins!!:rolleyes:

Just a head's up- I dealt w/ a very knowledgable rep too when I put my order in and was told the receiver would arrive with the installer. That did not happen. I got it via UPS yesterday and so far it looks like everyone is getting it via UPS. I would keep an eye out for a shipment.

rgerst said:

I figured that someone else that called the same day would get a better date, but not by a whole month. Good for you! :)

As for me, I did talk to the Tech Support line but didn't ask which location they were in. The rep was also very knowledgeable about the plans and pricing. I'll call again and see if the ship date can be approved. If I'm lucky, my original CSR was looking at the wrong page in the calendar. :rolleyes:

tomtodd said:
I figured that someone else that called the same day would get a better date, but not by a whole month. Good for you! :)

As for me, I did talk to the Tech Support line but didn't ask which location they were in. The rep was also very knowledgeable about the plans and pricing. I'll call again and see if the ship date can be approved. If I'm lucky, my original CSR was looking at the wrong page in the calendar. :rolleyes:

Tomtodd,
It seems that some have had good luck calling back and geting a better install date once their receiver arrives via UPS. As for me, I guess I will be looking for that big brown truck!!:)

I dont want to cause further frustration, but if possible I'd call again and try to get the date rescheduled. I decided not to wait til April 1 for the rebate and just ordered the 622 lease today, and they said March 9 was my install date (also happens to be my b-day :)). I guess its likely a regional allocation issue, but 2 months out seems rediculous IMO.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone and ordered my 622. The first install date the lady gave me was 3/21, but I didn't want to take a day off work so I'm scheduled for 3/25.
I currently have a 508 with AT120 programming with East Network Package and Locals. She told me that when I change programming that I will be able to keep my grandfathered East package. I asked her several times and asked her to note it in my account as well.
One thing that I thought was strange was that she said that I will pick my programming when I activate the new reciever? Is this how it normally works?

Thanks SatelliteGuys! I almost called dish and ordered a 942 when I got my HDTV for xmas, but upon finding your site decieded to just sit tight and wait. Saved me some $$ and headaches. Of course I will probably need glasses soon trying to read all the posts trying to get up to speed. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)