New 721 Bug - Timer Error!

Jason

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
For 2 nights in a row now, I have had an error recording an event on my 721. Last night, I was recording a 2 hour show. The recording light was on and the PVR screen showed that the event was taping the for the entire 2 hours. When the event finished recording and I tried viewing it, it showed only 15 seconds taped! It was actually only about 5 seconds though. Tonight I had the same thing happen with a weekly hour event. It showed only 15 seconds recorded but it really only recorded about 5 seconds.

Has anyone else seen this bug recently? It seems like it is bug to me because it always shows 15 seconds recorded when it is only 5 seconds. I don't think this could be a harddrive problem.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any thoughts on whether I should try to RMA the 721?

Thanks.

You could try what tech support will tell you... Do a smartcard reset. Do a power button reset. Do an unplug reset. If any or all of these don't clear up your problem, then they would likely have you RMA the 721.

Jason said:
For 2 nights in a row now, I have had an error recording an event on my 721. Last night, I was recording a 2 hour show. The recording light was on and the PVR screen showed that the event was taping the for the entire 2 hours. When the event finished recording and I tried viewing it, it showed only 15 seconds taped! It was actually only about 5 seconds though. Tonight I had the same thing happen with a weekly hour event. It showed only 15 seconds recorded but it really only recorded about 5 seconds.

Has anyone else seen this bug recently? It seems like it is bug to me because it always shows 15 seconds recorded when it is only 5 seconds. I don't think this could be a harddrive problem.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any thoughts on whether I should try to RMA the 721?

Thanks.
Thats not a new bug. I've seen that happen prior to software rev. L116 a few times myself. Sometimes you can view the entire event after resetting your receiver and other times you are truly hosed. Flip a coin and say a prayer.

I hate it when it does not record the entire show. Today I had a show that only played for a fraction of the time that it was supposed to play. The other shows played in their entirity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts