New 721 Bug - Timer Error!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jason

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
For 2 nights in a row now, I have had an error recording an event on my 721. Last night, I was recording a 2 hour show. The recording light was on and the PVR screen showed that the event was taping the for the entire 2 hours. When the event finished recording and I tried viewing it, it showed only 15 seconds taped! It was actually only about 5 seconds though. Tonight I had the same thing happen with a weekly hour event. It showed only 15 seconds recorded but it really only recorded about 5 seconds.

Has anyone else seen this bug recently? It seems like it is bug to me because it always shows 15 seconds recorded when it is only 5 seconds. I don't think this could be a harddrive problem.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any thoughts on whether I should try to RMA the 721?

Thanks.

You could try what tech support will tell you... Do a smartcard reset. Do a power button reset. Do an unplug reset. If any or all of these don't clear up your problem, then they would likely have you RMA the 721.

Jason said:
For 2 nights in a row now, I have had an error recording an event on my 721. Last night, I was recording a 2 hour show. The recording light was on and the PVR screen showed that the event was taping the for the entire 2 hours. When the event finished recording and I tried viewing it, it showed only 15 seconds taped! It was actually only about 5 seconds though. Tonight I had the same thing happen with a weekly hour event. It showed only 15 seconds recorded but it really only recorded about 5 seconds.

Has anyone else seen this bug recently? It seems like it is bug to me because it always shows 15 seconds recorded when it is only 5 seconds. I don't think this could be a harddrive problem.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any thoughts on whether I should try to RMA the 721?

Thanks.
Thats not a new bug. I've seen that happen prior to software rev. L116 a few times myself. Sometimes you can view the entire event after resetting your receiver and other times you are truly hosed. Flip a coin and say a prayer.

I hate it when it does not record the entire show. Today I had a show that only played for a fraction of the time that it was supposed to play. The other shows played in their entirity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)