NEW 721 S/W Update out Version L177

Timewave

Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
New Dish home on 721

Does anyone have the new Dish home on a 721?

If so how do I get it on mine.

Thanks

It is supposedly out for all 721s. There is nothing you have to do to get it. If it doesn't come by going to channel 100 or pressing the DISH Home button on your remote, then obviously DISH hasn't completely rolled it out.

They may SAY all 721s have the new Dish Home, but they do not! I have a 721 and it still has a "watch for the new Dish Home coming soon on channel 100" screen.

But Chad is right that there is nothing to do but wait until it is loaded on our systems by Dish.

See ya
Tony

When I turned my 721 off this morning the Record light came on and I thought that was odd cause I knew I didn't have anything set to record in the Morning so when I turned it back on it was taking the update , took about 5 min and then I wne into sys info to check and it was still L175 so I did a Power Reboot ( Hold in the Power Button for about 10 seconds) and after the reboot Proccess I went to sys info and it was at L177, Don't what features it adds or Improves ( Hopefully No Ill effects ) anyways as of a few Min ago the dish site still didn't have this S/w List on there . SO if anyone know whats this update is supose to be for , let us KNow !

9/14/2005: 1710 Software Version L1.77 for DP721
Effective Thursday, September 15th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L1.77 for the DP721 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L1.77 will be valid software version for the DP721.

There is a TV guide logo on the guide. I don't think it was there before. Or I could be really sleepy still....

Smith said:
I would reasoning a little - Timewave, next time please use question mark in a title if you asking a question.

I think it was fine without a question mark. His post was about the new DISH home and his 721 receiver. What is confusing is what you just typed. "I would reasoning a little." That doesn't make any sense at all.

I notice the TV Guide logo in the EPG on my 721 as well. That must indicate the new software and the new Dish Home.

chaddux said:
I think it was fine without a question mark. His post was about the new DISH home and his 721 receiver. What is confusing is what you just typed. "I would reasoning a little." That doesn't make any sense at all.
I think your advocating is out of base - his asked 2 questions while opened the thread ! :mad:

Smith said:
I think your advocating is out of base - his asked 2 questions while opened the thread ! :mad:

Good lord! That makes even less sense than the last bit of gibberish you typed. Neither one of those sentences makes any sense at all.

Well, I know one thing. The new software seems to have corrected the replay and commercial skip problems I was having on some of the channels, but now the fast forward and rewind is messed up. Picture jumps when going from FF or REW to Play. Progress bar and time are now jumpy (like the 50x FF and REW) instead of smooth.
I was delayed in a broadcast and pushed the FF button to gradually catch back up. When the counter got to about 12 seconds, it jumped to live...it used to go to 2 seconds before doing this.

Dish just can't help fscking with it, can they? And for what? Adding DishHome? I NEVER use DishHome, even on my receivers that already have it. :smug

I did not get the Dish Home update with the new download just more bugs, THANKS DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)