Hopper (Blockbuster version)

It should have the smartcard in it already. If not, I wouldn't buy it. Also before buying get the receiver number and call dish to verify it's not a leased receiver. If it's not tied to an account then yes you can activate it. However they are really old and slow. I'd recommend atleast a hopper w/sling.

Now on to your setup. I'd assume you only have one dish and all three wallys are connected direct to the dish. The hopper will require two lines and a solo node which you won't be able to do while keeping wallys connected. Also depends if you're replacing one of the wallys with the hopper or adding a fourth. If replacing, you will need one dpp44 switch. Two lines to a solo node and the other two for wallys. If adding as a fourth you will need a second dpp44 switch for the other wally.
You could also replace all wallys with joeys then you only need the solo node and no switches. Then add a splitter on client side to the Joeys.

It should have the smartcard in it already. If not, I wouldn't buy it. Also before buying get the receiver number and call dish to verify it's not a leased receiver. If it's not tied to an account then yes you can activate it. However they are really old and slow. I'd recommend atleast a hopper w/sling.

Now on to your setup. I'd assume you only have one dish and all three wallys are connected direct to the dish. The hopper will require two lines and a solo node which you won't be able to do while keeping wallys connected. Also depends if you're replacing one of the wallys with the hopper or adding a fourth. If replacing, you will need one dpp44 switch. Two lines to a solo node and the other two for wallys. If adding as a fourth you will need a second dpp44 switch for the other wally.
You could also replace all wallys with joeys then you only need the solo node and no switches. Then add a splitter on client side to the Joeys.
Do the hopper with sling have a physical smart card or is it internally?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Why are you trying to buy such old equipment, you will still have to pay a monthly box fee, should just get something newer then.
Well it’s because I live in the guest house at my moms and the satellite has already had a hopper 3 hooked up with the satellite. My moms house (main house which has a separate satellite dish) has 3 Wallys hooked up and dish will want to change all the Wally’s out for joeys if I have them come out and do it because the Wally’s aren’t compatible with the Hopper.

Reactions: charlesrshell