New 722 having an assortment of issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scimini

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
The Vip722 is hooked up via HDMI to a Sony TV. Both are brand new straight out the box. I have been seeing issues such as picture freezing, no picture but sound on HD channels, all SD channels were fine, Picture on all HD and SD but no Audio. At times the picture and the sound will freeze and then drop leaving with a black screen for about 5 seconds. During this the lights on the front of the receiver turn off, but I can still use guide and other functions. I have also had to reset the receiver twice since yesterday about 8pm EST.

HDD temp has a low of 84 a max of 131 and an average of 104.

Info also reported about 7 signal losses between 3am and 8am. Is that normal. My other Vip722 has experienced no issues during this time.

To rule out cable to dish problems???? temporarly replace the new 722 with the good, older 722. If you don't experience similiar problems in that arrangement . Post your results..

Thanks, it appears to have been a damaged wire. Everything has been good since I changed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)