New 811 s/w spooling?

Scott Greczkowski said:
It is being spooled now, now idea of whats in it though. I do have a call in to Dish. :)
Well it's been a whole hour, how come you don't have the scoop yet ?:D

Ok it fixes some OpenTV issues that the 811 was having with some applications plus it also fixes some "not authorized" problem where you get a not authorized mssage on a channel you are subscribed to.

I took the download... 2.80. I don't see anything different except for what I see in channel 100. There is a Fanasty section there now that I don't remember before. Also, and this is a good one, if I'm right, my color saturation is considerably better. Some channels look like I need to turn down my contrast some more. More as I play around.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok it fixes some OpenTV issues that the 811 was having with some applications plus it also fixes some "not authorized" problem where you get a not authorized mssage on a channel you are subscribed to.

Is this the extent of it or are there additional modifications such as what Bobby has suggested?

This is a long download, I'm about 3/4 through it. Any chance it updates OpenTV to support the NBC Showcase for the Olympics? I'd really like to see that on the big screen.

Just got home and received 280 sometime during the day. I can't see where anything is new or different. Still looks the same...didn't see anything new of the OpenTV variety...still no Olympic Showcase.

Guess I wasn't having the problems it fixed! :)

Hopefully Scott will find out a few more details today of what issues the update covers (if there are any more).

I let my 811 go for over an hour yesterday (8-23-04) and it wouldn't go past three bars. (restarted three times) I called Dish network and the guy first told me to hold down the power button on front of the receiver for 10 seconds, then he walked me through the normal stuff i.e. check signal strength, check current SW Version, etc. anyways he had me turn off my receiver and it started downloading the software again and it went past three bars, it actually got to half way through when I turned my TV off. Two hours later I came into my living room and turned on my TV only to find the progress bar showed three bars. So I called Dish again and this guy (different one than before) told me to unplug the receiver, then plug it back in, so I did, then he had me go to system information screen and read the SW Version to him, then he pissed me off, he tells me that P2.69 is the current SW version and I didn't need P2.80. Which is total B.S., if sw version P2.80 isn't needed then why is my receiver trying to download it! So I told him, "fine I won't download anymore software for now on," and hung up (I was pissed, I didn't really mean it, though sometimes I wonder if I would have less problems if I didn't allow my receiver to download anymore software) This from a company that tells us to "turn off our receivers daily, so we can get the latest software version"

Anyways, my 811 has been turned off since 9 P.M. last night, I just turned my TV on about twenty minutes ago, and it's still on three bars. Either there is something wrong with my receiver, or there's a problem with their signal!

Call Dish back and get a new receiver. If they want to play the sh!tty product game, make them pay to play.

Another thing I've noticed with my download problem is that the front panel leds don't light like they used to during a download.

I've posted a poll at the other dbs board regarding the download problem. I'll probably do the same here. I'm curious.

GaryPen said:
Another thing I've noticed with my download problem is that the front panel leds don't light like they used to during a download.

I've posted a poll at the other dbs board regarding the download problem. I'll probably do the same here. I'm curious.

<JEST>
Be sure to include the options...

Dowloaded corrupted. 811 basher
Downloaded currupted. Non-811 basher
Dowloaded success 811 basher
Downloaded non-success. Non-811 basher

Oh.. and don't forget the fence setter options too. ;)
</JEST>

280 software

I saw part of Dish's tech show, and I seem to remember there was going
to be an update for the digital sound problems , maybe this was for that. I never have any of the problems of the dolby sound drop off so I can test it on my unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts