New 921 - can't find Miami OTA ABC

tlturbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Lake Worth, FL
Hi all,

I got a new 921 installed yesterday and have been playing around with it a LOT. So far the only major question I have is that when I do a search for Digital OTA stations, I can't find a Miami or Ft Lauderdale ABC station. If I do an analog search, I find channel 10 ABC but the picture sucks. Is it possible that ABC down here isn't sending out a digital signal? Any suggestions?

I also had subscribed to Local channels before I got the 921 so I use those to tell me what is on when, on the networks. The blank OTA menu and having to manually set on and off times to record OTH shows suck.

Other than that - so far so good.

Terry

Like I said in anouther thread... THey started shipping again this week . There were less than 10 that went out .

ROLLTIDE said:
Like I said in anouther thread... THey started shipping again this week . There were less than 10 that went out .

Is there any way to find out WHEN this unit came out? I have a strong hunch this unit is an old one that my dealer finally got time to install for me.

Terry

jds44 said:
I have an 811 and live in Ft. Lauderdale and receive all OTA from all local network with a $40.00 antenna.

OK, so what channel number do you have listed for ABC???

Also, I'm confused because I'm getting CBS HD on 33-01 which is UPS 33 and then have CBS 4 on 4-1?

Thanks - Terry

Make sure you have the right antenna, that it is pointed correctly, and, I can't emphasize this enough - that you have high grade monster coax cable going from antenna to receiver.

I got no reception using the highest grade radio shack quad shielded cable. Well, actually, I had that cable and got all the channels for about 3 days, and then it died. When I switched it out with monster cable - I got all my channels perfectly.

FYI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts