New 942 being installed Friday...help...

swanrs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I've got a 522, 508, and 510 now. The 522 has 2 lines coming into it. I think they put in a new LNB several months ago when they came to install the 522.

Question 1: Can they feed my new 942 with only one line in? If so, how do I make sure the installer does this? And if he can, does that mean I can use that extra line in (I have 4 total) to feed a 5th TV?

Question 2: Obviously, I'm moving up to HD. If I want to subscribe to Voom, do they have to install a 2nd Dish? What if I'm not sure I want Voom? Should I have them install it anyway, and then cancel if I don't like it? Or is there a commitment?

Thanks!

Well, it'd be nice to know what kind of outdoor equipment you currently have. Go to Check Switch and report back. Look for things like "DP Quad" "DP34", or the like.

Considering that the 522 has 2 feed lines, do NOT think you have DPPlus hardware. Because you are moving to SIX tuners in four boxes, it is likely you will end up with a DPP44 switch. You will NOT have any leftover ports.

Feeding a 5th TV is not an issue - diplexers & splitters, ya know. Feeding a 5th receiver would require use of that feed.

Without knowing where you are (and therefore how you get your satellite locals), your second question can not be answered. However, it is possible that a simple Dish1000 will do the job.

To find the info simple simon is talkin about press menu then options 6-1-3 which will take you to a system info screen.. then find the box with the letter H.. it says device and has the info. And while you are at it, might want to check the box with the letter g.. it will have the sats that you are connected to currently.

Thanks, guys...

Device = DP-Quad-4
Signal = Satellite 119 and 110

Thoughts?

Hmm. With an existing DP-Quad, a DP34 will use two of the feeds, leaving the other two available, for a total of SIX - which is what you need.

Except that the DP34 will still require one cable per tuner (no "plus" capability) - so two cables for the 942 and two for the 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts