New .98 Dish. If you haven't seen it yet.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
We got some of these for the CVS contract.

Reflector is alittle different. Solid front. Feed arm support is round.
1-1.jpg

The radio canister is the same but sits on a plastic shim.
2-1.jpg

Bottom feed arm support is alot easier to attach.
3.jpg

This is one thing I don't like. With a slight pitched roof with a non pen mount you cannot compensate. Cross-polling will be harder.
4.jpg

The canister attaches to the reflector with the same type screws as the old style .74. Makes it easier.
5.jpg

The support arms are sit lower and are closer to the reflector.
6.jpg

The best thing of all the feed horn is already assembled. No more messing with that damn little allen wrench. It is also packaged in only 2 boxes.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
First I have seen it thanks for the pics.

Dish-Direc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2006
The ONLY improvement is that the round bottom can not cut your finger off like the rectangular bottom can. However, it looks like you can not put the cables into the round one like you could with the rectangular ones.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
The ONLY improvement is that the round bottom can not cut your finger off like the rectangular bottom can. However, it looks like you can not put the cables into the round one like you could with the rectangular ones.

The dish weighs significantly lighter also. The cables were never meant to go through the feed arm supports on the old ones however I know everyone done it. If you read some support material about the first generation of KA/KU dishes it states the cables are to go on the outside.

Janet Sims

May 29, 2007
Hi Tate:
Janet here again.
Will I really see a big difference in the service/speed of the two dish sizes?
The "business" use plan with Hughes is supposed to have a .98 m Antenna & 2 W Radio, compared to the "residential" equipment of 74 m Antenna &
1 W Radio. Will I see a noticeable difference or a waste of money? The FAP is also different in the residential vs business. Any comments out there would be greatly appreciated.
I am kind of leaning towards Hughes vs WB, and need the equip installed and up and running by my target date of June 11th. Still deciding....
J & W in Alabama

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimi Montana

Jul 21, 2007
It looks a lot cheaper in the mount! The mount must have saved a pound of Chinese aluminum. I like my old style .98 much better already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts