New Android Dish Anywhere Feedback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dpoplette

Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Central Illinois
Installed updated Dish Anywhere Android apps last night. Seem to be working fine on Galaxy S3 phone. However, issues with tablet version on Galaxy Tab 10.1. Clicking Settings causes a Force Close and cannot play video. Whether live program or a DVR it loads the receiver, optimizes, and gets to 100% but playback does not start. The new UI is great with the Hopper look and feel but if it won't play video doesn't do much good. Hate to say this, but the old app actually was better.

Installed updated Dish Anywhere Android apps last night. Seem to be working fine on Galaxy S3 phone. However, issues with tablet version on Galaxy Tab 10.1. Clicking Settings causes a Force Close and cannot play video. Whether live program or a DVR it loads the receiver, optimizes, and gets to 100% but playback does not start. The new UI is great with the Hopper look and feel but if it won't play video doesn't do much good. Hate to say this, but the old app actually was better.

In the app, try going to settings then Privacy Policy and uncheck Help Improve. I would then force close the app and re launch and see if that helps.

Had same problem with my Xoom - Matt had me uninstall & reinstall the app & it's now working fine. I also rebooted my Hopper so I'm not sure which fixed the issue but try it.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try resetting Hopper tonite to see if that does anything. Cannot change the Policy in Settings, app will not open Settings at all. Either freezes up or force closes.

I think it was the reset because you are redownloading the same file.

Somtimes updating or using auto update can have an error corrupting the update. Especially if you already have a number of aps open at the time the download or update is in progress.

I tried today to find the Dish Anywhere app for my Android phone today and could not find it - I could fine the paid ones for dish Slingplayer but no Dish Anywhere. Where did you guys find it?

I tried today to find the Dish Anywhere app for my Android phone today and could not find it - I could fine the paid ones for dish Slingplayer but no Dish Anywhere. Where did you guys find it?
It is in the Play Store and search DISH. It looks like the old one and when you select it if you have the DRA app previously, it will update to the DISH Anywhere.

Loaded the new dish anywhere app onto the KF HD,working great.The snazzier interface looks nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts