new app this morning College Top 40

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
there is a new app this morning under the new sports hub which i like groups all the sports apps together there is a new app that shows college basketball listings and rating of teams and it is updated every week.it is a cool app you might want to check out when you get time to i sure would appreciated.hey what happened to vevo app we what suppose to be getting?

thanks

Allen bluegras

Does anyone actually use these apps? Most of them seem like a waste of time to me other than the Pandora app. For me it's just so much faster to use my iPhone and not interrupt my TV viewing.

Does anyone actually use these apps? Most of them seem like a waste of time to me other than the Pandora app. For me it's just so much faster to use my iPhone and not interrupt my TV viewing.

Gamefinder is actually pretty convenient (when accurate), weather app is useful. I guess if you don't like them, you don't have to use them. I get sick of carrying the phone with me (its like an appendage).

To each his own and if blurgras wants to chat about apps, great for him and no need for app snark (e.g. "waste of time").

Reactions: lazydogmot and AZ.
Gamefinder is actually pretty convenient (when accurate), weather app is useful. I guess if you don't like them, you don't have to use them. I get sick of carrying the phone with me (its like an appendage).

To each his own and if blurgras wants to chat about apps, great for him and no need for app snark (e.g. "waste of time").

I think some apps are useful and I try to use them but I find that they can be a pain to use. I remember trying to use the weather app on the 722k, it was always slow and occasionally would make the receiver freeze up. When it would work the information it showed didn't seem all that great. It just seems to me that there are so many other devices and ways to get the same information.

Apps like Pandora are great. Other great apps would be the Watch ESPN app and other streaming apps. Gaming apps are a waste and are not very functional.

I think some apps are useful and I try to use them but I find that they can be a pain to use. I remember trying to use the weather app on the 722k, it was always slow and occasionally would make the receiver freeze up. When it would work the information it showed didn't seem all that great. It just seems to me that there are so many other devices and ways to get the same information.

Apps like Pandora are great. Other great apps would be the Watch ESPN app and other streaming apps. Gaming apps are a waste and are not very functional.

Agree on gaming apps.

And yes, the app speed (especially on the Joeys) is horrible. It has become worse since this latest update - soooooooooooooo slooooooooooow. Fix this, DISH! Everyone is complaining about Joey speed in recent weeks - guide is slow, apps are slow ---> FIX IT!

Reactions: AZ.
the only apps i would like to see added maybe next if dish would add them would tunein radio,spotify,slacker radio,i heart radio and i will one happy guy.i remember scott was talking about vevo coming to dish when will that be happening i have it on my roku right now and i am liking it alot you can watch,search all your favorite videos.

the only apps i would like to see added maybe next if dish would add them would tunein radio,spotify,slacker radio,i heart radio and i will one happy guy.i remember scott was talking about vevo coming to dish when will that be happening i have it on my roku right now and i am liking it alot you can watch,search all your favorite videos.
You've got the ROKU, why the need to add the same apps available on it to your Hopper?

the only apps i would like to see added maybe next if dish would add them would tunein radio,spotify,slacker radio,i heart radio and i will one happy guy.
I'm afraid you will never be happy then.

Why would you need so many music apps. I use Pandora and I use Tune In Radio but aren't the others just repeats. Is there a need to have all of them or are some of them offering features that others do not?

Reactions: Hall
tunein radio would be perfect on dish because there are over 100,000 radio stations on the internet that stream and they are adding new ones everyday.

http://tunein.com/

allen

tunein radio would be perfect on dish because there are over 100,000 radio stations on the internet that stream and they are adding new ones everyday.

http://tunein.com/

allen
And, once again, Tune-In Radio is available on your Roku.... Why the incessant need to have it on your Hopper.... You seem to be the only one that wants the Hopper to be a be all device while most of us just want the damned thing to work correctly...

http://radiotime.com/tv/roku

You seem to be the only one that wants the Hopper to be a be all device while most of us just want the damned thing to work correctly...
Yeap - if Dish is listening, I vote for taking the app developers off of that job (remove the apps or stop development on them) and devote those folks to core functionality improvements or fixes on the Hopper/Joey.

Reactions: KAB
I would like to see a Netflix app. It would be great to be able to watch Netflix anywhere in the house and not just on the one TV downstairs where I have a Roku.

Dish has movies ON Demand and streaming. Netflix would compete with that. Don't see Dish adding a competitor app to the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)