New ATSC 3.0 USB Dongle

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Found a neat article story! This new product will hit the market in 2nd quarter of 22!:hungry

Should cost no more than $ 50 to $ 60 ranges.

Here's the link on this story...

Enjoy!:hatsoff

I agree this is a good product. But I question what you meant with the thread title. Does this plug into my ATSC 1.0 TV? I think most HDTVs these days have USB jacks, but I didn't know any of them could control a USB tuner.

Edited the thread title because the original was misleading. The article specifically says it is for use with Android devices as well as Windows and Linux computers. If your TV has Android TV built in, then yes, it will work with it. If not, then you are still waiting.

- Trip

Edited the thread title because the original was misleading. The article specifically says it is for use with Android devices as well as Windows and Linux computers. If your TV has Android TV built in, then yes, it will work with it. If not, then you are still waiting.

- Trip
This tuner should also work plugged into a box/dongle running Android TV, such as the Chromecast with Google TV.

Yes, that's why I said "for use with Android devices."

- Trip
You specifically said "If your TV has Android TV built in, then yes, it will work with it." I was simply pointing out that Android TV (which is a specific Google-licensed variant of AOSP Android) is available not just as a built-in TV OS but also in boxes/dongles such as the latest Chromecast.

Rumors about the new Hopper plus are that it will be Android based, does that mean the new ATSC 3.0 USB dongle will work with the Hopper Plus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)