New car with Sirius - want 2nd receiver $150!!!

Spider X

Oct 29, 2004
I just got off the phone with Sirius to inquire about the price for a second receiver and if there was a discount.

Good news: there is a discount for a second receiver

Bad news: this is only for people that paid for the first one as opposed to the dealer paying for it

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't it be logical to allow new subscribers to get the second receiver discount? I would very much like to get another portable receiver. But, I don't want to pay full price.

Sirius said that since I didn't pay for the first one I wouldn't be eligible for a discount until my first year is up. Huh, I just paid 37,000 for the first one and I'm pretty sure the dealer didn't just give me a free $150 subscription - I'm VERY sure I paid MORE for it!

So here is the question I would love the bean counters a Sirius to answer:
What % of users are first timers due to a car purchase THAT ALSO purchased a second receiver (at full price) within their first free year?

If this % is high then I can understand why they won't give me the discount. But, if this number is low I would think they would want me to have a discount to get another subscription (even at a discount).

Any thoughts?

Sirius has a big forum over at www.siriusbackstage.com

You can also, once you get your subscription, get on a deal where you can get a receiver and a car kit for $50 provided you pay for at least 6 months of service with it.

I believe there's a thread on this very forum that talks about it. If not Sirius_Rich, who is a moderator for our Satellite Radio forum can answer for sure how to get in on this. He is a very nice person and will do what it takes to answer any question you have.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Neutron said:
Sirius has a big forum over at www.siriusbackstage.com

If not Sirius_Rich, who is a moderator for our Satellite Radio forum can answer for sure how to get in on this. He is a very nice person and will do what it takes to answer any question you have.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Gee, thanks Neutron, lol.

I'll have to check on this one. But it is a question I am glad to find an answer for.

Just telling the truth. I see how much dedication you have for this forum, and I saw it first-hand in July. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts