NEW Card Ready

kc1ih

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
I'm running a Bell 4700 in New Hampshire. Until last Tuesday everything was fine, until about 10 PM I lost signal, error 15. I After checking the connections (I had voltage at the LNB) I concluded the LNB was bad, so I ordered a new LNB from a dealer on eBay.

Today I installed the new LNB, no luck. I tried re-aiming the dish a bit to see if the new LNB had changed anything, I could not get a signal.

Then I went into the diagnostics and saw the following message in green: NEW Card Ready - DNASP240 Rev908

This seems to tell me that the real problem is that my access card has expired and I need a new one. Can anyone confirm if I am correct? I would think even with an expired card I should be able to see a signal on the aiming screen, but I am not seeing any signal.

Problem is that I had formerly used a broker (TVM) but when the broker disappeared for a while I was able to figure out how to manage my account by myself thru the Bell website. I have not paid the broker anything in years and have had no contact, though others say they have been able to reach her but that she only appears intermittently.

I have a feeling the new card was sent to the broker, who I am no longer a customer of and who I doubt I can contact. So if I somehow obtain a new access card will it work in my receiver, or must I use the one that was issued for that receiver and supposedly sent to the broker?

Any help is appreciated. I'll wait a while before cancelling my account to see if there's any hope.

Larry