New channel-75-0 announcing local HD?

bigdaddyflo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
This morning I woke up to see a new channel-75-0 HI-DEf which gave the description that local hidef is now available in your area. When I go to the channel, it gives the blackout message like a sporting event. Does this mean I will soon get Roanoke, Va. HIDEF locals or is this a generic channel that showed up on everyone's box?

Thanks

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Speaking of local HD's

Does anyone know the Dish Network rollout timeline for HD locals in Des Moines, Iowa? What is the process for this to begin? Do the channels just all of a sudden
appear in HD?

Thanks

This morning I woke up to see a new channel-75-0 HI-DEf which gave the description that local hidef is now available in your area. When I go to the channel, it gives the blackout message like a sporting event. Does this mean I will soon get Roanoke, Va. HIDEF locals or is this a generic channel that showed up on everyone's box?

Thanks

I live near Roanoke and noticed the same thing yesterday for the first time...I was hoping!! :(

Thanks for the reply. Guess I will continue to wish. You guys beating that horse--remember where Vick is now? Peta is always watching.

bigdaddyflo

I'm waiting for the Scranton/ Wilkes Barres HD locals to appear and saw the channel 75. I called my friend who is right outside NYC and they have had New York HD's since the beginning and they have channel 75 too. What's the point of that? So out of curiosity I called CS and asked when the Scranton locals will appear and the rep says "sorry they are not available". No sh*t, I think I know that, I want to know WHEN they will be. OK So I describe, then ask what is channel 75. After lots of typing, I get "hold on please'. Four minutes later the rep comes back and says "sorry I have no information on channel 75". Never ends.

Everyone with an Vip HD receiver is getting that channel, when your dma becomes available, it will tell you want to do. If you go to the channel and get the "This program is not available for viewing in your area." screen, you should get the idea that your locals are not available. Dish wants to cut down on the phone calls, but this method seems to adding to the number of calls on this subject. I think the screen should come up with "Local channels are not available in your area yet." would be a better message.

Everyone with an Vip HD receiver is getting that channel, when your dma becomes available, it will tell you want to do. If you go to the channel and get the "This program is not available for viewing in your area." screen, you should get the idea that your locals are not available. Dish wants to cut down on the phone calls, but this method seems to adding to the number of calls on this subject. I think the screen should come up with "Local channels are not available in your area yet." would be a better message.

Agreed, but if you want to cut down on the # of phone calls you dont put 2 different/exact opposite messages on the customers screen. Plus , they are doing this on a hot topic/popular issue, Local hd channels. The first thing the customer sees is "Your locals are now available in HD". Most probably dont click further than that, and actually they shouldnt have to. Then when they click for more info "Not available in your area"??
Is that an error, or is the first part an error? Now when customers call and find out their locals ARENT available in hd, all dish did is p**s off and remind the customer that they dont get their locals in hd.
Horrible way to do business, if i was charlie, whoever's bright idea was to do that would be fired.
You dont Promote/advertise to the customer what they DONT get:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)