New Channels, Includes TCM

MergaTroy6

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Fianlly, I'm not on vacation when they announce some new channels.

The Tube- Effective Thursday, August 24, 2006, The Tube, a music video network, will be available to all iO Broadcast Basic and above customers on channel 184. The channel will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Entertainment and iO Business packages. An iO digital converter or a CableCard-equipped digital cable ready TV is required to receive channel 184. The Tube will be launched over a three day period.

HSN iTV- Effective Thursday, August 17, 2006, HSN iTV, interactive retailing will be available to all customers with a Scientific Atlanta (SA) iO converter in the Morris service area. HSN iTV will enable HSN account holders to purchase items presented on HSN directly through their set-top boxes.

TCM- TBeginning Wednesday, September 20, and continuing through Friday, November 3, 2006, TCM (Turner Classic Movies), will be launched in areas where it is not currently carried and will be migrated to the digital Family Cable package in areas where it is currently available. In order to accommodate the launch of TCM and to continue to expand our services and offerings, bandwidth reclamation will occur in certain areas. The analog feeds of certain Broadcast Basic and Family Cable Channels (QVC, ShopNBC, HSN, ESPN Classic, mun2, CMT and Local Programming) will be removed and an iO digital converter will be required in order to continue receiving the channels.

Well TCM is coming, great news for many. Now where is our new HD channels? Hopefully if the bandwidth reclamation happens, we'll get a HD channel afterwards.

cforrest said:
Well TCM is coming, great news for many. Now where is our new HD channels? Hopefully if the bandwidth reclamation happens, we'll get a HD channel afterwards.

We can only hope, There talking about converting 7+ analog channels to digital which would free up spcae fore 14-21+ hd channels. That would be enough to finnaly add all the voom channels as well as someothers like MHD,ESPN2HD,NGHD,Foodhd,HGTV-HD. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

liquidnw said:
We can only hope, There talking about converting 7+ analog channels to digital which would free up spcae fore 14-21+ hd channels. That would be enough to finnaly add all the voom channels as well as someothers like MHD,ESPN2HD,NGHD,Foodhd,HGTV-HD. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

just keep in mind in most areas channels like ESPN Classic, mun2, CMT are all ready digital in most areas.

MergaTroy6 said:
. The analog feeds of certain Broadcast Basic and Family Cable Channels (QVC, ShopNBC, HSN, ESPN Classic, mun2, CMT and Local Programming) will be removed and an iO digital converter will be required in order to continue receiving the channels.

And Local Programming? How is Local Programming defined?
Is this the public access channels or the local networks?

I'm sure it's local programming as in government access channels not OTA stations. If they were to take away anolog feeds of the OTA networks, which I don't think they can yet, then there would be no reason to have an anolog feed of any channel.

huh?

Dont know how acccurate that is, I work for cable and havent heard anything about TCM, I can however report that on wednesday August 23rd international channels will be launched in all cvc areas.:up

cableguy79 said:
I can however report that on wednesday August 23rd international channels will be launched in all cvc areas.:up

were did you hear this?? There has been nothing official as to when the international channels will be launched expcept sometime before years end. I can vouch for mergatroy the info he posted is correct

As I told you, I work for cable on Long Island, and have to take a training course on the same day it launches from what I was told, where did mergatroy get his info from?

cableguy79 said:
As I told you, I work for cable on Long Island, and have to take a training course on the same day it launches from what I was told, where did mergatroy get his info from?

its on an internal website

Effective Thursday, August 24, 2006, The Tube, a music video network, will be available to all iO Broadcast Basic and above customers on channel 184. The channel will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Entertainment and iO Business packages. An iO digital converter or a CableCard-equipped digital cable ready TV is required to receive channel 184. The Tube will be launched according to the schedule below.

Programming Description

The Tube - is a music video network that airs classic and modern music videos. The Tube's play list includes major and independent label videos as well as exclusive performance clips. Classic performances from legendary artists are featured alongside just-released videos by current artists. Live and conceptual clips from Led Zepplin, Tina Turner, Eric Clapton, the Rolling Stones, U2 and The Eagles are mixed with videos from today's best selling acts like James Blunt, Sheryl Crow and Coldplay. The Tube was created by Les Garland, co-founder of MTV and VH1.

Channel Position: 184 Channel ID: TUBE

LI & Bronx August 22
Conn, Westchester & Brooklyn August 23
NJ, Ossining, Rockland & Monroe August 24

I wonder if "Local Programming" going to digital on some systems means Cablevision's Local Programming Channel?

I don't know if Cablevision could make the Public Access Channels digital only cause people with basic analog cable would no longer have access to them.

CMT, ESPN Classic & MUN2 are already digital only here. The only analog channels in the list they could remove are the shopping channels and TCM.

cableguy79 said:
Just got word, TCM is a go on sept 20th, sorry for any doubt hbk and mergatroy

In some areas it will be live everywhere by November 3 as mergatroy pointed out. Where did you get the information that international channels will be comming out August 23.

The TCM add should make all those call center reps happy. I've heard that requests for TCM was a pretty common call.

Now let's start the push for Discovery HD and HDNet.

I don't care about any of these channels. I did, however, notice TNTHD lately. Haven't read the other posts here so sorry if it's old news.

I also want to see Disco HD and National Geo HD. I don't care about HDNet.

I see that the tube is now on 184 in CT as of this morining. Where are the international channels cableguy79? Are you sure they coming coming to all Cablevision areas today? Nothing as of this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts