New Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techman

Jul 13, 2005
:) I was surprised to see an addition of two new HD channels this weekend, I was able to watch the UCLA football game on my fox (FSN) HD feed, I believe it is channel 95. It looked pretty good but noticed later that it was breaking up. I also noticed that CD 100 was also in HD, I didn't see that anyone had mentioned this on any of the threads....Hope there is more on the horizon.

techman said:
I also noticed that CD 100 was also in HD, I didn't see that anyone had mentioned this on any of the threads
The CD USA channel has been broadcasting on SD and HD channels since it first started several months ago. There were many threads when it began about D* wasting bandwidth by having both HD and SD feeds for the same channel. :flag:

Techman,

If you are talking about CD USA that is not a new channel. It has been on for several months now. They record it on Thursday and show a replay of it on Saturday night. Also, I don't know what part of the country your in, but I did not get the Utah-UCLA game in HD on the east coast in FL. It showed as a 727 code on Ch.95 as I would assume because I was not in that region. FSN is doing the same with football as with the baseball regional broadcasts.

Utah-UCLA game came in fine on the east coast here on Long Island. Not sure why you got code 727, wonder if you need to have the sports pack to get the Saturday FSN HD games?

cforrest said:
Utah-UCLA game came in fine on the east coast here on Long Island. Not sure why you got code 727, wonder if you need to have the sports pack to get the Saturday FSN HD games?

The FSN college game in HD on 95 was also blacked out here in Tampa. I am a sports pack subscriber. I assumed the blackout was because neither of our regional sports networks were carrying the game in SD, so we didn't get the HD feed either.

bwaldron said:
The FSN college game in HD on 95 was also blacked out here in Tampa. I am a sports pack subscriber. I assumed the blackout was because neither of our regional sports networks were carrying the game in SD, so we didn't get the HD feed either.
I think it's a combination of the two, you need to have the Sports Pack as well as be in the spot beam for the right game (for ch 95) FSN has had west coast games on in previous years SD of course.

Jimbo

sucks even if you have the sports pack and the espn game plan you still have to deal withy black outs. i am a big HOKIES fan and there was a rebroadcast of the hokie vs northeastern game and i was still blacked out to even see the rebroadcast on sunday (SUCKS!!!)

Milwaukee12 said:
Channel 95 is reserved for your specific regional sports channel. When the Brewers are in HD that's the channel they use.

CH 95 is a special events HD channel. It shows package sports ( Extra Innings, Center Ice, etc) HD games on that channel. It will be the channels for FSN HD football games which are available nation wide. I did get the game here in PA. If the 2 Florida RSN's were showing other programming, that would explain the blackout. If you have sports pack and your RSN is showing the game, you should get it on 95.

I got to see the UCLA game in HD on 95 and I am in Kentucky and I don't have the Sports pack or ESPN Gameplan.

Milwaukee12 said:
Channel 95 is reserved for your specific regional sports channel. When the Brewers are in HD that's the channel they use.

Even in HD the still are bad :p
Wish they would do constant Hd for Brewers and Bucks games. Or at least turn them on for us when the visitors had an hd feed on the RSN in their town.

You should of been getting the game if your local RSN ( Fox sports network ) was broadcasting it. FSN has the rights to broadcast a saturday game to all of its regions. They usually pick one game a week and broadcast it at the same time for all regions. This past week, Utah vs UCLA was the game that was broadcasted on the majority of the FSN's around the states.

channel 95 HD

I get some yankee games on Channel 95 in HD but cannot get the mets or the red sox and I am in their region as well. Is there an answer to this ? I called Direct Tv and this question seemed to confuse them. They said someone from the tech dept would call me but, of course, they never did.

bobraus,

I think the only way you would be able to get the Red Sox in HD would be with NESN. If you've upgraded to the 5LNB dish, upgraded to at least the H20 receiver, you should be able to receive NESN in HD. Not sure what channel its on, but I believe your RSN's ( regional sport networks ) are usually allocated on channel 96 .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)