New "CHILLER" channel - Do you think Dish will carry it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And why settle for one horror channel if you can have 2? I'd take a dozen if they offered them! :D

This whole 100HD channels thing from Direct TV has really got me thinking. Will Dish be able to compete? I've been with Dish for 8-9 years and am now for the first time seriously considering DirecTV

The new horror HD channel
SCIFI HD
CNN HD
USA HD
FX HD

DirecTV will have HD versions of all of my favorite channels. If Dish doesn't catch up, it's ano-brainer for me.

And why settle for one horror channel if you can have 2? I'd take a dozen if they offered them! :D

This whole 100HD channels thing from Direct TV has really got me thinking. Will Dish be able to compete? I've been with Dish for 8-9 years and am now for the first time seriously considering DirecTV

SCIFI HD
CNN HD
USA HD
FX HD

DirecTV will have HD versions of all of my favorite channels. If Dish doesn't catch up, it's ano-brainer for me.

Someone's gonna have to let Sci-Fi channel know they are going HD. :D

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=74332&highlight=sci-fi+channel

I have been with Dish since 1997, i think. But I would switch to DirectV in a heartbeat, if they offered more HD. But they have to have it before I switch, not just promises.

Yes, I'm definitely not calling up to subscribe just yet. I'm waiting for a "real" launch. I've seen the promises from both camps over the years.

Yeah really before Direct or Dish can get any of these channels they half to be available first. So lets all wait see which channels end up going live this year. Direct can claim they will get them but so can everyone else and Dish is smart by not making any claims on something that's not even available yet which it seem Direct likes too do.

I would love to see this channel on Dish. I watched every episode of Tales from the Crypt and followed Friday the 13th also. I wouldn't mind if they carried it. I agree, Monsters HD does get repetitious very quickly!

I agree, Monsters HD does get repetitious very quickly!

As do the other VOOM HD channels, but I'm not going anywhere. With these 100 HD channels that Direct TV is getting even though there isn't even a master HD feed available or going to be available as of yet but somehow they will be in HD, sounds like to me Direct TV is going to be stretching some channels out and a higher bitrate and confuse a lot of people.

Any word on if Dish will be carrying this? I know it launches next week and hadn't heard anything new recently. (yes, I'm a horror fanatic!) :)

Any word on if Dish will be carrying this?

Well if E* doesn't carry it, it's by their own decision and not because of any arrangement between D* and NBC Universal. NBC Universal has been pitching this channel to everyone. Hopefully come March 1, E* will have a new addition to it's lineup.

The difference between Monster HD and Chiller HD is Chiller will be available in SD also. Voom doesn't offer any of there channals in SD.

SCIFI HD
CNN HD
USA HD
FX HD

Only thing Dish needs to do to catch up is to issue a press release announcing they will be offering a bunch of channels that don't even exist yet. Because that's about as far as DirecTV has made it. Pretty much just vaporware at this point.

SCIFI HD
CNN HD
USA HD
FX HD

I wouldn't switch quite yet -- since those channels don't exist yet, and its pretty likely that they will also end up on Dish. Come on, these are major channels -- I seriously doubt D* is going to get an exclusive lock on them.

I just saw a commercial for Chiller on Sleuth. At the end was a tagline on the screen that said "Only on DirecTV". So I guess we won't see it on Dish. Not right away anyway.

Just finished watching Galactica recorded from Universal HD last night...I was about to blast through some commercials when one caught my eye - it was for "Chiller" and at the end, had a blurb about launching 1 March on channel 257. I don't believe it specified Direct TV or Dish...so it implied at least that Dish would carry the SD version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts