New Cinemax channels or ?'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I'm seeing Movmax and Maxlhd! Are these new or just a name change? Or have i been working too much? :D

Here's a screen shot of what i'm seeing in the guide!

Attachments

• IMG_20130531_225208.jpg
    IMG_20130531_225208.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 504
I look at it as one less Max channel for me, they changed one from english to spanish.

Here is details of the change right from DirecTV:
http://news.directv.com/2013/05/23/cinemax-set-to-tweak-its-lineup-to-enhance-audience-appeal/

Beginning June 1, 2013, Cinemax will be making changes to its @MAX and WMAX channels to appeal to their growing Latino audience and parents sensitive to programming intended for adults:

• @MAX (Ch. 523) will become MAX Latino, a Spanish-language version of Cinemax flagship channel featuring hit movies, original series, and more.

• WMAX (Ch. 521) will become MovieMAX, a movies-only channel devoted to recent Hollywood hits and classic blockbusters appropriate for the entire family. You won’t find any R-rated movies on this channel.

That sucks! Oh well, i usually swap back and forth between whatever's on sale (promotion buy 1 get 1 free)! Whether it's Starz and SHO or HBO, Max!

Another question, Which MAx channel did we lose!? Was it "outermax"? If so they should have left it alone and added the latino max! Instead of taking away! And doesn't Max know most people only subscribe to their channel for the late night skin flix!:D

doesn't Max know most people only subscribe to their channel for the late night skin flix!:D

That could be why they are promoting it as "Beginning June 1, 2013, Cinemax will be making changes to its @MAX and WMAX channels to appeal to their growing Latino audience and parents sensitive to programming intended for adults:"

More "family" programming during the day to counter skinamax at night

Most of the HBO movies end up on Cinemax after a month or two, and right now I'm enjoying free Cinemax with Starz purchase, which I never received before. It was almost always Max with HBO and Showtime with Starz, nice to see them offering more of a mix in the B1G1 offers.

D* has NEVER had OuterMax to begin with - so you haven't "lost" anything that you had on D* previously...

Ok, i thought we had all of the channels that Cinemax provides. I guess we we were still missing one all along? Thanks!

I'm thinking that D* never had All the Max channels to begin with, I think a while back they added a few but that still left them quite a few short.
For the longest time, they only had 3.

I'm thinking that D* never had All the Max channels to begin with, I think a while back they added a few but that still left them quite a few short.
For the longest time, they only had 3.

The only one (east feed) that DTV lacks is OuterMax. They added the rest back in 2011.

Status
Please reply by conversation.