New convert from E* having one problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrperple

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 25, 2007
right here in ct
Just switched over to D* about a month ago and loving the service so far. We wont go into why I switched here. I having a problem when I either go to the guid or my recorded "list", my picture lockes up. I can still here the sound but my picture lockes up in the little box on the upper right hand coner. When I exit out to go back to full screen the picture is still frozen. The on ly way that I been able rectify this is by changing the channel and then gooing back to what I was watching. This happens on my DVR and my HD reciever. Both recievers are the new HR24(cant remember the exact model # but it is the newest one).
Any insight would be helpfull or should I just call D*.

If you open the card door on the bottom right corner it will tell you the exact model.

As far as the freezing up when in the guide, I have never seen that before.

One of my jobs is teaching graduate courses for teachers that work with the hearing impaired. My youngest daughter is deaf. This is specific right now to one particular course. The other is Home theater design. I'm actually selling my business right now and looking at a full time position.

S~

teachsac said:
One of my jobs is teaching graduate courses for teachers that work with the hearing impaired. My youngest daughter is deaf. This is specific right now to one particular course. The other is Home theater design. I'm actually selling my business right now and looking at a full time position.

S~

Cool.

I was just curious because a JC near my house is known as SAC for short. I work for them, so I was wondering if you did as well

(I am posting from the satguys app on my phone so I am limited to what I can see)

Cool.

I was just curious because a JC near my house is known as SAC for short. I work for them, so I was wondering if you did as well

(I am posting from the satguys app on my phone so I am limited to what I can see)

Wouldn't be Santa Ana College now would it? Or Mt SAC?

S~

Sorry OP.

I have had a couple. Rare. I just exit or change channels. If it happens frequently have you tried a reset?

S~

Thanx for help in locating the model#, wasn't @ home when I posted my ?, was @ work. My model #'s are dvr- HR24-500, & hd receiver is model # H24-100, if that helps. Couldn't remember the #'s off the top of my head since i'm new to D*. Glad I made the switch but the picture freezing is quite annoying.

Thanx for help in locating the model#, wasn't @ home when I posted my ?, was @ work. My model #'s are dvr- HR24-500, & hd receiver is model # H24-100, if that helps. Couldn't remember the #'s off the top of my head since i'm new to D*. Glad I made the switch but the picture freezing is quite annoying.

Sounds like the f/w issue others have described with the new HR24s. I anticipate a f/w update will soon fix the freeze frames. Sorry, to say, I don't know when but I'm confident help is on the way soon.

Try doing a reset on the receivers that are having the issue.

Tried the reset and it worked. I should have known to do this, having done this countless times w/ E*. I guess I had a brain fart. thanx for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)